Chapter 6

Rhaenyra shows Yunkai her cruel side. There will be some brief descriptions of torture, not too extended, but for people that don't like that kind of thing. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

As always Valyrian will be in italics and Dothraki will be in bold italics!

Rhaenyra looked at the yellow brick walls, and the great harpy mounted above the city gates. Over one hundred thousand Dothraki warriors mounted on their horses behind her. The wise masters believed that their walls would save them, that they would be able to escape her wrath. It was amusing that the men who had sent assassins into her city were now hiding from her. If the attack had been against her, she would have given them a quick death. But they had dared go after her daughter, that was not something she could forgive.

Her poor child had been left in Meereen, under the careful supervision of some of Rhaenyra's most loyal guards and Joffrey. Karnax had been closer to the palace than usual, refusing to leave his rider's side. Visenya had been sleeping when Rhaenyra left, the healer had given her more of the tincture to calm her pain. Laenor had refused to let Rhaenyra come alone this time, saying that she would not go into battle without him. Rhaenyra could see Laenor's anger, his rage at the fact that Visenya had been hurt under their watch.

Rhaenyra had sent a messenger, giving the wise masters the choice to leave their city. She had let them know that if they abandoned the city on their own she would not unleash the Dothraki on them. That had been two hours ago, and the wise masters were still hiding behind their walls like that would stop her. They had closed the gates, everyone hiding behind the yellow walls. Did they not know anything about dragons? While Syrax was not old enough to melt rock, she was more than old and powerful enough to turn the gate doors to ash. The Dothraki had been told what to do, they would not attack, kill or rape any woman or child. Anyone who did not attack them was off limits, her fight was not with the people of the city.

She felt for her bond with Syrax ordering her to fly, her dragon immediately obeying and launching herself into the air. Syrax flew above the gates, flapping her wings as the people below them started to run.

"Dracarys." Dragon fire rained down on the gates, the doors crumbling under the potent flames and the harpy statue melting.

Rhaenyra heard the Dothraki war cry as thousands of warriors on horseback rode through the flaming gates, killing any soldier they came across. But she had no interest in the soldiers, she knew where the cowardly wise masters would be hiding. Syrax landed on the outside of the golden pyramid of Qaggaz, roaring as people ran away from her.

"I was told the wise masters were brave men." Rhaenyra smiled, caressing Syrax's scales. "Are you so cowardly you would dare hide behind your walls and your people?"

Her Dothraki were closer, she could hear the screams and the sounds of metal hitting metal. Seasmoke landed behind her, Laenor climbing off of him sword in hand. A few hundred Dothraki were behind her now, waiting for her orders.

"You can come out on your own or I can set your entire city on fire." A few minutes passed before there was movement from one of the doors. A man stepped out, he was dressed in rich fabrics, his face pale even while attempting to appear strong. "Well, at least one of you has enough courage to face me. And who might you be?"

"I am Armok na Laa, one of the wise masters in this powerful city." Rhaenyra lifted an eyebrow, amused at the man's demeanor. "You have attacked us, declared war on us for no reason. Yunkai has powerful friends and we will be avenged."

"Are you finished? Your voice grates on my nerves." Armok na Laa looked at her open-mouthed, as if he was shocked she was not impressed by his speech. "If you were speaking about your friends in Astapor, you will be sorely disappointed. You will discover they are a bit busy at the moment."