Chapter 42

Rhaenyra and Visenya talk about Daemon and other things. Alicent decides she wants to have dinner with Aemond and Visenya. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"Are we ever going to speak about it?" She could not help the amusement in her voice as her mother attempted to pretend Visenya had not discovered her in bed with Daemon, well her mother had been on the bed, and Daemon had been on the ground. "Ignoring it will not make me go away."

"You know I am your mother right?" Rhaenyra gave her an annoyed look. "You do not question me, I am supposed to question you."

"Right." Visenya nodded. "So, how long have you two been fucking each other?"

"Gods, Visenya." Her mother spit her tea back into the cup while glaring at her. "You could at least pretend to have some tact."

"I do have some tact." Visenya popped a grape into her mouth. "I waited until everyone left before asking you the question."

"I do not have to answer that."

"Why not?" She gave her mother a questioning look. "I want to know how long it has been since you decided to forgive him."

"It was not a decision exactly." Now, her mother looked a bit uncomfortable. "It is a bit more complicated than that."

"Why?" Visenya was not sure what her mother's plans were regarding Daemon, but she wanted to know. "It does not have to be complicated, you both love each other and you have forgiven him because if you had not you would not be spending your nights with him."

"I am surprised that you are not more upset about this."

"Muña, I do not expect you to feel about people the same way I do." Visenya shrugged. "My problems with Daemon do not have to be yours. I do not expect you to stay away from him just because I have not forgiven him."

"I do not want to do anything you are not okay with." Visenya could not help but smile, her mother had spent half her own life worrying about her. This was her time to be happy and Visenya would not be the one to take it away. "You are the most important person in my life."

"I know, muña, but I do not expect you to spend the rest of your life sacrificing for me." Visenya smiled at Rhaenyra, she wanted her mother to know she was happy for her. "I have been looking at Daemon since we arrived in Westeros. I know he has made several mistakes, but I can see how much he loves you. If you are happy then I am happy for you."

Visenya's relationship with Daemon was not something that was very clearly defined. She and her father spent a lot of time together because of their duties, and also because of their little game with Laena and Corlys. They had left Laena alone a few days before, if they moved too fast then Laena would die sooner than they wanted. Even now that they were not doing anything Laena was still filled with fear.

"Can I ask you something?" Rhaenyra gave her an annoyed look, making Visenya chuckle. "It does not have to do with Daemon, well at least not directly."

"Fine, ask."

"When you discovered what Laena had done." Her mother nodded. "Why were you not angry?"

"I was angry." Visenya could not help but question her mother's answer. Rhaenyra had not seemed angry when she had been told about what Laena and Corlys had done, she had not even attempted to speak to them about it. "I was also hurt because Corlys is married to my cousin and Laena is part of my family. But I cannot blame them for everything."

"What do you mean?"

"Visenya, you are the only innocent person in this story. You lost everything before you even knew what you had." Her mother shook her head. "But you are the only innocent one. Everyone else made mistakes, we all played a part in this."