Chapter 57

Rhaenyra tells Aemond what his mother did and gives him the chance to say goodbye. Alicent's execution doesn't go exactly as planned. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Aemond laughed as Visenya placed a piece of egg into his mouth, before eating the other piece herself. After their morning activities, they had bathed together, which lead to Aemond fucking his wife in the bathtub. Then they got dressed just in time for their food to be brought in. Aemond had decided to eat and feed his wife at the same time, Visenya had been more than happy to sit on his lap as they fed each other.

The doors to their chambers opened and Rhaenyra walked in, his body immediately tensed at the look on his sister's face. Visenya noticed the look in her mother's eyes because she immediately stood up and approached her mother.

"Muña." Visenya looked back at him, before looking at her mother once more. "What is the matter?"

"Alicent hired an assassin to kill you." Aemond's stomach churned and for a moment he was sure the food he had just eaten would make an appearance once more. The look Rhaenyra gave him was sad and apologetic. "I am sorry Aemond, I have forgiven many things, but I cannot forgive this. She was planning to kill Visenya and your child, she will never give up and I cannot live waiting for her next plan. One day we might not be able to find out what she is planning until it is too late and I will not risk my children and grandchildren's lives."

"I understand." What else could he say? His mother had been planning to kill his wife and child. How was he supposed to forgive that? "I would like to see her."

"Of course." Rhaenyra agreed. "She is in the main courtyard."

Aemond moved to walk out of his chambers but paused at the door. He stood there for a few seconds, before turning and walking back to Visenya. He hugged his wife and kissed the top of her head, he needed something to give him strength. Visenya hugged him back and allowed him to take his comfort without saying anything. After a few minutes, he let go and walked out of their chambers.

He found his mother exactly where Rhaenyra said she would be. She was in shackles and was glaring at the guards around her. Her look changed when she saw him walking towards her and he could see it in her eyes, she thought he was there to save her.

"Aemond." She gave him a sweet smile, the same smile she always used when she wanted something from him. "I knew you would come, I knew you would not allow the false queen to murder me."

"You paid someone to kill my wife?" She did not even have the decency to look guilty. "She is carrying my child and you knew that, but you just did not care."

"She will be your ruin, Aemond." He clenched his hand, hating that his mother had no issues killing his wife and child, that she would not even apologize. "Your union is an offense to the seven, your child will be an abomination."

"You are the abomination." He glared at her. "You have never been a mother, your children were just weapons to use, things to get you more power. You never cared for us, except for the power we could bring you. And now, you want to take the only thing that has made me fully happy away from me? You are selfish."

"No, Aemond." She shook her head frantically. "I love you, I have always loved you. I am doing this to protect you."

"You are doing this for you!" He finally was able to see that his mother would never allow him to be happy. She would never be happy unless she was in control of everything, including his life. "You will never be happy, mother and you will never allow me to be happy. I could forgive that because I am used to it, but I cannot forgive you for attempting to have my wife and child killed."