Chapter 61

Happy Turkey day!!!!!!!!

Rhaenyra, Daemon, Aemond and Visenya find out about the children being taken. We find out who took Aysse and Aegon and what they are planning. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                           Rhaenyra Targaryen (41 years old

                                                           Rhaenyra Targaryen (41 years old.)

"Your grace." Lyonel Strong cleared his throat and gave her an apologetic look. "We have received a letter from Lord Vaemond Velaryon. As we are all aware Lord Corlys is very ill and the maesters said he will not live too much longer."

"Yes, I am aware." Aemond did not say anything as his sister answered, he knew what was coming without Strong saying a word. His sister had not spoken to Corlys or any of the Velaryons since the divorce of Corlys and Rhaenys. "What of it?"

"Lord Vaemond is petitioning for Driftmark and the title of Lord of the Tides to be passed down to him once his brother passes."

"Why would we do that?" Rhaenyra gave Lord Strong a questioning look. "Lord Corlys has a living male son, he is the heir to Driftmark, everyone knows that."

"Lord Vaemond is calling that into question." Rhaenyra leaned back as Lord Strong did his best to appear strong under his sister's scrutiny. "He says that Lord Laenor has not been seen in years and that Lord Corlys disinherited him."

"There were never any contracts signed disinheriting Laenor and nothing was ever filed with the crown," Aemond answered before his sister could snap at the poor lord who was not to blame for Vaemond's ambition. "As far as the crown and the realm are concerned Laenor Velaryon is the rightful heir to Driftmark and will be the next lord of the tides. Lord Vaemond can inherit after his nephew's death and not a minute before."

Vaemond Velaryon had become an annoyance since Corlys got ill, this was not the first petition that they had gotten from him. The man wanted to inherit Driftmark at all costs. His sister opened her mouth, but the doors to the small council chambers slammed open before she could get a word out. Harrold Darke ran into the chambers, his face was pale and he was out of breath.

"Your graces." The man bowed and took a big gulp of breath before straightening up. "Princess Aysse and Prince Aegon have been taken."

"What do you mean they have been taken?" Daemon asked as he stood up, a dangerous look on his face.

"We could not find them anywhere in the castle, so we went to the beach to look. They have been known to go walking there sometimes." The man paused for a moment and Aemond wanted to shake him. "We found one of the buckles from the princess training outfit on the beach and Prince Aegon's sword. There were also a few drops of blood beside them. We could see bootprints on the ground, at least two people and they were too large to belong to the prince or the princess."