Chapter 13

Thank you for all the love, comments and kudos. You guys are amazing. 😊

Visenya and Aemond talk and Visenya is a bit confused by her uncle. Rhaenyra holds a meeting with her family and makes some things clear. She decides not to repeat her father's mistakes and makes a surprising decision. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

As always Valyrian is in italics.

"Your mother said to meet her in the small council chambers, she sent a guard to take you there once you are ready to leave." Visenya's maid Melila had been with her as far as Visenya could remember. The woman was about ten years older than her mother and treated the princess like her own. Melila knew how Visenya liked things, the way she liked her hair styled and she was a good conversationalist. Melila set Visenya's tiara on her head, braiding her hair around it and fixing the sleeves of her gown. "I believe the old king and the other members of the royal family will be present. I heard some of the servants talking, apparently, the old queen has been screeching all night."

"I met her last night, she does not seem like a woman who enjoys being told no very often." Visenya did not like the queen and pitied her mother and uncle for having to live with the woman for so many years. "She does not like my mother or me. She will be a problem for us, I can feel it."

"Do not fret princess." Melila gave her a secretive smile. "I will keep an eye on the prior queen, I will let you know if I hear anything."

"Thank you Melila, just be sure not to place yourself in danger."

Visenya would make sure to watch her grandsire, his wife, and Otto Hightower. They were the ones more likely to plan something to attempt to take back the throne. She was not too worried about Daemon, Laena, or the Velaryons, at least for now. Aemond did not worry her either, Visenya did not know what it was about her uncle, but she felt drawn to him somehow and she was not sure she liked it. She could not deny that Aemond was a very handsome man, but she had seen handsome men before. She had grown up surrounded by handsome men and she had never been attracted to any of them. Visenya had grown up worrying about being the best she could be, training to be the best warrior and the best politician. All she wanted was to help her mother, who had raised her all alone, with no one but her ave Laenor to help her. Her mother had protected her all her life and made sure she was safe and happy. All Visenya had wanted was to grow up and help her mother, she wanted to share the burden so Rhaenyra's would not be so heavy.

By the time she was fourteen name days old, she had conquered an entire city for her mother. She had not wanted to conquer the city, but the high lords had made a fatal mistake by taking her father and torturing him. Visenya had made sure all those lords regretted their actions before she burnt them in front of the entire city. Her father had been bedridden for a few weeks, but the healers had been able to heal him and all he had to show now was a few scars. Her father had stayed in New Valyria, he was running the empire while her mother was in Kings Landing. Her ave had not wanted to return, he did not want to see his father and sister. He was still upset with them, they had never accepted him and he was happy in Valyria, where he could be himself without people looking down on him. Visenya was proud of how far her ave had come and she did not want him to be in a place that made him feel badly.

Visenya told the guard her mother had sent that she would find her way to the small council chambers. She could not deny that the Red Keep was very pretty, but this city smelled very bad. She walked around the halls, smiling as she thought of her mother running through these same halls when she was a small child. Her ave Laenor had told her that her mother had been called the realm's delight. Visenya imagined that her mother had been a delightful child, happy and caring. She wished she could have met her grandmother Aemma, the woman who in so little time had shaped her mother into the person she was.