Chapter 67

Visenya and Daemon talked a bit about what he discovered. Aemond is about to have a heart attack because of his youngest daughter. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

1 week later.

Visenya had been watching her father for days and saw the way he was suffering. There was so much anger inside him that most knights would run as soon as he got close to the training yard. No one wanted to be near him for fear that he was going to hurt them. Her mother had told him what he had found in the Citadel and Visenya had read the journals he had brought with him. She knew that a lot of his suffering had to do with the fact that he could not kill the people who had taken his parents away from him. Her mother had told him how much Daemon had loved his mother, while he had loved his father also, his mother had been the one he was closer to, even if she had died while he was still too young. He had spent years believing that his parents had died of natural causes, and to find out so many years later that they had been killed was a blow he had not been ready for. He had not said much since returning and that worried her, her father was never one to be quiet. She could see her mother was worried also and was not sure what to do, or how to fix things.

Visenya found Daemon on one of the cliffs overlooking Blackwater Bay, he was just staring at the distance and not saying anything. He did not even move or look at her when she approached him. Visenya was quiet for a few minutes before letting out a loud sigh.

"I might not understand why you and my mother are feeling right now." She turned to face him and he still had not looked at him. "But I am here and I can at least listen."

He had his arms crossed over his chest and was quiet for a few moments.

"I was so sure that my mother had died from childbed fever and I was angry that such a strong woman had been taken that way, but in a way, I also understood it, as your grandmother Aemma used to say, the birthing bed is a woman's battlefield." He let out a laugh that was not amused in the least. "But to find that she was killed for no reason at all, just because the maesters, faith, and Hightowers believed there were too many Targaryens, makes me furious. Makes me want to return to Oldtown and burn everything to the ground."

"I am sorry, Kepa." This time he did look at her and the pain in his eyes made her want to burn everyone who hurt him. He was such a strong man and now he looked so fragile. "What was grandmother Alyssa like?"

"You are a lot like her." Her father's smile was gentle. "You have the same golden hair she did, but hers was always in disarray. She loved dressing as a man and fighting the knights in the training yard. She did not even stop after marrying my father, he encouraged her wild ways, to the shock of the court."

"She sounds like an amazing woman."

"She was." His smile turned sad. "I did not have enough time with her."

"My mother told me once that the people we love never truly leave us." She took his hand in hers, hating that this had caused him so much pain. The wounds that had been closed, were open once more. "We always carry them with us, a part of them stays with us as long as we remember and honor them. From everything I have seen you have done everything to honor grandmother Alyssa and grandsire Baelon."

"I do not know." Daemon shook his head. "I think they would be disappointed I have not forgiven Viserys."

"They would not." Visenya shook her head. "They would understand that your older brother, the one who was supposed to support you and look after you betrayed you. He did not just betray you, but his entire family. He gave up on his heritage and forgot he was a dragon." Her father still did not seem sure. "If I ever behaved the way Viserys did, towards Aegon or Aemma would you be upset if they refused to speak to me?"