Chapter 40

Aemond tries to talk to Visenya about Corlys and Laena, but she finds a way to distract him. 😳 Aemond and Rhaenyra talk. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

3 weeks later.

Visenya laid back and moved her hands softly, enjoying the way it felt when they glided through the water. This had been an excellent idea and she was happy she had taken it up when Aemond offered. Since they had returned from Dragonstone they had been so busy they did not have much time to spend alone. Aemond was busy helping her mother run the kingdom and Visenya was busy training soldiers and helping Rhaenys with the new projects her mother had approved. Her husband must have gotten annoyed not being able to spend time with her because this morning he had asked her to go dragon riding with him and took her away as soon as they had finished breaking their fast.

They had flown for over an hour, chasing each other through the sky before deciding to land on a tiny island between Kings Landing and Driftmark. Aemond had thought of everything because once they were on the ground, he had taken a blanket and food out of the bag which had been tied to Vhagar's saddle. Her husband had set everything up before asking her to sit. Visenya had provided an alternative to his plan, asking him to take off his clothes as she took off hers. Aemond did not have to be told twice, before removing his clothes quickly and entering the water with her. She wished all her days could be like this one, happy and next to the people she loved.

"Your mother asked me to speak to you." Visenya raised her head, pushing back her wet hair, and looked at her husband. "She is worried that you and Daemon are planning to hurt Laena and Corlys."

"Is that why you invited me to spend time with you today?" For a moment she could help but being hurt, she had missed him and was hoping that he had missed her just as much. She did not know that he had only wanted to spend time with her because of her mother.

"No, of course not." He shook his head quickly and swam towards her, even though she knew perfectly well he could walk. They were not far enough that they could not stand. "I wanted to spend time with you and be alone without people interrupting us. I just thought I would mention your mother asked me to talk to you about what has been happening with Laena and Corlys."

"I do not understand why she is so worried about them." Visenya could not believe that her mother was not furious with the people who had betrayed her. "Laena and Corlys lied and manipulated an already hard situation just to carry out their plans. Why should I not make them suffer a little bit?"

"My love, do not be upset." He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to his body. "I am not saying I do not understand why you are upset and why you feel the need to take vengeance. But your mother is worried this would anger Rhaenys, the woman is one of the few family members we have left. Rhaenyra does not want to lose her."

"Rhaenys understands, she knows what her husband and daughter did."

"Yes, she knows, but as you said, Corlys is her husband and Laena is her daughter. She does not want to lose them."

"I have not done anything to kill them." Visenya wrapped her arms around Aemond's neck, giving him an amused smile. "I have not put a finger on any of them."

"You do not have to." Aemond's look was also amused. "Laena is terrified of eating, I cannot remember the last time I saw her eat."

"I do not understand why she is so afraid."

"Maybe because over a fortnight ago she spent a whole day in terrible pain and vomiting." Visenya's smile did not leave her face, but she did not say anything. "Then a sennight after that she ate or drank something that made her shit all over herself, in front of the entire court."