Chapter 45

Daemon and Rhaenyra enjoy their wedding feast. Visenya discovers someone knows what happened to Otto and makes a move to silence them. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Rhaenyra smiled as she watched Daemon and Visenya dancing. For a moment she had thought her daughter would reject Daemon's request and had been surprised when Visenya had taken his hand and walked away with him. Everyone had immediately parted, allowing the father and daughter to dance comfortably. She had been approached by several lords since her wedding was announced, and they all wished to congratulate her.

"You know if she glares at you any harder her face will get stuck that way." She smiled at Jeyne's amused voice before looking at her cousin. Jeyne lowered her voice and moved her head closer to Rhaenyra. "She has been glaring at you since you walked in, and if she were able to kill you she would have already done it."

"I am aware of how upset Laena is." Just as upset as Corlys was, Rhaenys had gotten tired of their sulking faces and refused to sit with them. "There are a few people who are very upset about the new state of things. Especially because they had a lot of control when my father was king and Otto ruled in his name."

"Speaking about Otto, I have not seen him this night." Jeyne looked around the room like she expected the man to jump out from behind one of the pillars. "I heard Lady Alicent was advocating strongly for him to be allowed to come to your name day and wedding celebration."

"Yes, she was very adamant about it." Rhaenyra shrugged, looking to where her stepmother was sitting next to her Hightower relatives. While her father and stepmother had been allowed to sit at the high table, Alicent had refused and Viserys had followed his wife like the lost dog he appeared to be. "I just chose to ignore her, there is no way I would allow Otto Hightower to step foot in the capital again."

"I am glad, that man was vile." Otto had never liked Jeyne, she threatened everything he stood for the simple fact of being the lady paramount of her region. "I am surprised Laenor is not here."

"The last time he visited he was not happy with how everything went." Rhaenyra let out a sigh before turning to face her cousin fully. "He and his father still do not get along and he does not like being here. He feels like he has to hide who he is."

"Yes, I understand that." Rhaenyra followed Jeyne's gaze to where Jessamyn was sitting and speaking to one of the other ladies. She felt bad that her cousin felt like she had to hide her love. "Sometimes people's expectations can crush you."

"They do not have to." Rhaenyra squeezed Jeyne's hands. "One thing that I have learned is that no matter how good and just you want to be people will always talk. I do not care if you are in love with someone who is not, how should I say it? Conventional. I am the queen, if anyone has an issue with who you love they can come and take it up with me. I can clear things very quickly for them."

Jeyne gave her a thankful smile before nodding her head.

"I apologize, Lady Jeyne." Rhaenyra looked up to see Daemon smiling at her cousin. "But I have come to steal my wife."

Jeyne laughed and let them go with the wave of a hand. Rhaenyra laughed as Daemon spun her around as soon as they were among the dancing bodies.

"I thought you would keep dancing with Visenya."

"She did not want to dance with me any longer. According to my daughter, as handsome as I am, she prefers dancing with her husband." Daemon's face was annoyed. "Then she proceeded to make some comments as to why she enjoyed dancing with him. It is lucky I am not allowed to bring my sword to this feast, or I would have killed him."