Chapter 43

Daemon gives Rhaenyra a gift and she asks him a very important question. Rhaenys and Laena speak. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

"I have something for you." Daemon moved closer to Rhaenyra and sat across from her. He pulled out a gold ring covered in small red rubies and a large black diamond in the middle. "It belonged to my mother. My father gave it to her as a gift the day I was born. She never took it off until the day she died. My father gave me the ring and told me to give it to the woman I loved, to the other half of my soul. I had it hidden and was going to give it to you when I received your letter letting me know you were with child. I did not have the chance to give it to you before, so I want you to have it now."

"Daemon." Tears filled her eyes as he placed the ring on her finger. "I do n..."

"I am not asking for anything Rhaenyra." His smile was pleasant as he looked at her. "I have been holding on to this ring for years, waiting to give it to you. I just want you to have it."

Rhaenyra could not remember seeing this ring before, but she heard about it. Her grandsire had made it specially for her grandmother. A present to celebrate the birth of a healthy child and the fact that her grandmother had survived the birth. She did not know that the ring had been given to Daemon after Alyssa's death. She was actually surprised to see that the ring fit her perfectly.

The longer she looked at the ring the more she thought about what Visenya had told her. Her daughter had remarked how Rhaenyra must have forgiven Daemon since she was spending her nights with him. Once her daughter had pointed it out, she realized that Visenya was right. Rhaenyra had forgiven Daemon, she could not forgive him for abandoning Visenya, because it was not her right to do so. Visenya was the only one who could forgive Daemon for what he had done to her. She took a deep breath and took the plunge, if she did not do it now she would never do it.

"Would you like to marry me?"

He did not say anything, just sat there and stared at her. After a while, Rhaenyra started to feel a bit insecure about her offer. Maybe he did not want to wed her, maybe he was happy with the way things had been until now.

"Are you sure?" Now, it was him who sounded a bit unsure.

"Yes, I am sure." She smiled at him. "We already have most of the lords coming for my name day. We could have a small ceremony just for us and our family, then announce it during the feast."

"What about Visenya?" Daemon looked a bit worried. "I do not think she will be pleased with you wedding me."

"Visenya is aware of what has been happening between us."

"So you mean to say that kicking me out of the bed was not necessary?" He laughed when she slapped his shoulder. "I could have gotten hurt."

"The only thing hurt was your pride." She rolled her eyes at his antics. "What is your answer?"

"I would be the happiest man to wed you." Rhaenyra squealed when Daemon stood up and threw her over his shoulder, all in one move. "We will need witnesses to make our marriage official. But first." He threw her on the bed, climbing on top of her. "I should give you something to tie you over."

She smiled into his kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. She was hoping Visenya would not have an issue with her and Daemon marrying each other.