10 - Locket

Becky's POV

My last class for the day has just ended but I still need to go to the council office to finalize the paper works for the next charity event of the school. Irin cannot help me because she promised to accompany her mother in a social event tonight.

I was walking towards the office when I heard my phone buzzed.

Freen: Baby, are you done with your class today?

I smiled after reading her message. Lately she has been calling me baby, added to her usual "little bear". I replied to her before entering the office.

Becky: Yes, but I need to stay in the council office and finish some paper works first. Why do you ask? Do you need something?

Freen: Nothing. But I wanna ask you something.

Becky: What is it?

After waiting for some time without receiving a reply from Freen, I took the initiative and began working on the necessary paperwork to complete the task quickly and be able to go home.

____

Freen's POV

I am now headed to the council's office holding a milktea for my little bear. I hope this will do the trick and make her agree with my request.

I spotted her at her desk, her attention entirely captured by her laptop, her eyebrows knitted in deep concentration. I gave the door a gentle knock to get her attention, and her lips curled into a smile as she realized it was me.

"Hi there,.... She gestured for me to halt when I attempted to speak and approach her, and, naturally, I complied.

After typing on her laptop for a moment, she announced, "Sent! I finished it. Now, I'm ready to listen to you."

I smiled and stepped closer to her.

"Well for starters, here is your all-time favorite milk tea. I have a feeling it might just set the mood for a favorable answer to my question" I sweetly say.

She excitedly accepted the drink and sipped up. After drinking almost half of the cup, she stopped and sighed with content.

"hmmmm that taste so good, thank you! Now what is your question that you needed to come here instead of just sending me a message? She asked.

I then handed her the small bouquet of tulips along with the adorable bear holding a card. After a brief pause, she lifted the bouquet to her nose to savor the sweet fragrance of the flowers. She patted the bear and then curiously picked up the card to read the message inside.

Rebecca Patricia Armstrong will you go on a date with me? – Freen Sarocha Chankimha

She paused for a moment, locking eyes with me, before expressing her response, "Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you Freen. And in that moment, she pulled me into a heartfelt hug, wrapping her arms around me.

I reciprocated the hug, gently placing a kiss on her temple, and whispered, "Thank you for saying yes, my little bear."

I untangled our embrace and asked, "Shall we go then? I'll drive you home."

____

Becky's POV

This is our first date; I can't help but feel a bit jittery. I hope I'm dressed just right, not too much or too little. Freen mentioned that she's taking me to a special place, an enchanting European restaurant she was sure I'd adore.

I've chosen to wear an enchanting black dress, which exudes an elegant charm that's not overly revealing but certainly captivates attention.

I suddenly hear a knock on my bedroom door, "Miss Rebecca your guest has arrived and is waiting for you at the foyer."

"I'll be coming down. Thank you, Grace," I responded to our housemaid.

I gave myself one final glance in the mirror and made my way downstairs to join her.

As I descended the stairs, I locked eyes with her, a look of adoration in her gaze. She was dressed in a stylish black women's suit, exuding an attractive appeal that was neither too formal nor too casual, yet enough to turn heads.

The perfectly fitted suit highlighted her every feature, she looked every bit the charming aristocrat. Her eyes sparkled with anticipation, and her smile was a promise of a romantic evening filled with enchantment and affection.

Unable to contain my excitement, I couldn't resist giving her a sweet kiss on the lips as soon as I reached her.

____

Freen's POV

Gently clasping her hand, I led the way to our table in the restaurant. I had a special request for the owner, asking for a private, closed-door dinner for just Becky and me. This place holds a special significance in my heart – this is where we usually have my cherished father-daughter dates, from the past until now, and I wanted tonight to be just as memorable.

As we enjoyed the last course of our dinner, the romantic ambiance of the restaurant seemed to intensify. The soft, warm glow of the candles on our table flickered like stars in the night sky.

Taking a deep breath, I knew it was the perfect moment to ask the question that had been on my mind all evening. With a steady hand, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a small, elegantly wrapped box. Becky's eyes widened as she noticed the unexpected gift.

"Rebecca," I began, my voice filled with affection, "this evening has been absolutely magical. I've cherished every moment with you, and I can't imagine a more perfect person to share my heart with."

I carefully opened the box and offer it to her, revealing a delicate heart-shaped locket, its surface shimmering in the candlelight. I leaned in closer, my voice filled with warmth and sincerity. "I wanted to give you something special, something that would remind you of this beautiful evening and the moments we've shared," "but it also represents something more. This locket symbolizes the love I've discovered through you and for you.

I continues, "So, my little bear, my baby, I want to ask you something important. Will you do me the incredible honor of being my girlfriend?"

Her eyes welled with emotion, and she looked up at me with a soft, affectionate smile. "Yes, a thousand times, yes," she whispered.

After I helped her clasp the locket around her neck, I leaned across the table. Our lips met in a tender, romantic kiss. In that moment, time seemed to stand still, and the restaurant faded away. It was just the two of us, celebrating our love and the beginning of a beautiful journey together.

As we pulled away, our eyes locked, and a shared smile spoke of the affection we had for each other.

Are you truly mine now?" I wanted to reconfirm, my voice trembling with emotion.

She turned to me; her eyes were radiant. "Yes," she replied softly, her voice carrying the weight of all the love in her heart. "I always have been, and I always will be my love; as you are mine."