21 - Let's make some babies

Book 2: So, this is Forever

21 – Let's make some babies

"Come on, my love, gently set her down," Becky encourages Freen to release their daughter.

"But babe, I'm not sure I can let go." Freen playfully feigns a cry, adding a cute pout.

"Dada, I'm just off to school," Zea declares, reaching up to affectionately caress Freen's cheeks. "I promise to behave, so don't worry."

Becky chuckles, "Your daughter is even more mature about this."

Freen rolls her eyes and places Zea on the ground. But before letting her go, she turns Zea to face her. "Alright, sweetheart, make sure to listen to your teacher. If anything feels wrong, if you feel unwell or unsafe, you call for us, okay?"

"The school isn't dangerous," Becky comments.

Freen looks at her wife, raising an eyebrow. "Promise me, Zea?"

"Yes, Dada, I promise," Zea smiles reassuringly at her mother.

Becky gently squeezes Freen's hand in reassurance, adding, "And if you need anything at all, Zea, don't hesitate to let your teachers know. They're there to help you."

Zea nods, her smile unwavering. "I will, Mom."

Freen can't help but smile at the exchange between mother and daughter.

Becky bends down to Zea's eye level and places a tender kiss on her forehead. "We love you, sweetheart. Have a great day at school."

Zea reciprocates the affection, hugging both her moms. "Love you too, Mommy. Love you, Dada."

As Zea heads off to school, Becky turns to Freen with a soft grin. "See? She's growing up so well."

Freen chuckles, "Yeah, but it doesn't make it any easier to let go." They share a loving glance, knowing that every step their daughter takes toward independence is a testament to their parenting.

With a final wave to Zea, they watch her disappear into the school gates, ready for a day of new adventures.

Becky was tearing up, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears, and Freen suddenly noticed it. Concerned, she gently touches Becky's arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Freen asks, her voice filled with tenderness.

Becky takes a deep breath, trying to compose herself. "It's just... seeing her all grown up and heading off to school, it's a lot to take in. Our little girl is not so little anymore."

Freen pulls Becky into a comforting embrace, understanding the mix of emotions. "I know, love. It's a bittersweet moment. We've done an amazing job as parents, and she's ready for this next chapter."

Becky nods, wiping away a tear. "I know, it's just... it feels like she was just a toddler yesterday."

Freen smiles, planting a soft kiss on Becky's forehead. "Time flies, doesn't it? But we'll always be there for her, every step of the way."

Becky returns the smile, grateful for Freen's support. "You're right, baby." and she hugged her wife. "Come on, let's go home now, before you decide to camp in the parking slot and wait for your daughter." Becky laughed.

"At least I didn't cry" Freen teased Becky." Freen teases, giving Becky a playful nudge.

"I birthed that child, so I have every right," she pouted.

Freen shot back with a smug grin. "And I got you pregnant, as I promised when we were young," Freen smirked proudly.

"Of course, you did," Becky pecked a kiss on Freen's lips. "Let's go home, babe."