11 - Five more minutes!

Book 2: So, this is Forever

11 – Five more minutes!

Freen and Becky arrived home got home just after six in the evening.

"Hey, babe, Anna made your favorite salmon for dinner. Sorry I couldn't cook it myself, but I wanted it ready when we got back since I know you're tired," Becky mentioned as they entered.

Before Becky could take another step, Freen pulled her close. "Babe, no need to apologize. You've done more than enough. Thank you, baby, for being there for me, especially today," Freen said, and they shared a sweet moment, pressing their foreheads together in silence.

As they stood there, Freen and Becky shared a quiet, comforting moment, feeling the warmth of each other's presence soothing the day's stresses.

After a brief pause, Freen gently pulled away, cradling Becky's face in her hands. "I appreciate everything you do for me, baby. Today was a lot, and having you by my side made it better," Freen expressed with gratitude in her eyes.

Becky smiled, her eyes reflecting the deep affection she felt. "Of course, babe. You are my wife, and I am yours; I'll always be here for you," she reassured.

"Dada! Dada! Dada! You're home!" The continuous scream of excitement from their daughter interrupted their moment.

They exchanged a knowing smile and welcomed their daughter with open arms, the joyous sound of her laughter filling their home with warmth and happiness.

Freen lifts Zea into her arms, "Hi, sweetheart. Are you happy to see me?"

"Yes Dada. You are home, so the bad guys are gone?" Zea innocently asked

Freen chuckled, "Yes sweetie, Dada made sure they are gone. So they can't hurt us"

"Yey! I'm so happy you are home Dada!" Zea exclaimed

"Hmmmm... Are you forgetting you're Mommy, since Dada is home?" Becky interjected in the conversation with a playful pout facing their daughter

Zea gazed at her mom, her eyes widened, and then she let out a mischievous giggle. "Oops, sorry, Mommy! I'm happy you're home too, but Dada's the superhero, right?"

Becky feigned contemplation for a moment. "Well, I suppose Dada is a superhero, but let's not forget Mommy is pretty super too!"

Freen chimed in with a grin. "Absolutely, Zea. Mommy is my superhero. She makes everything better."

The family enjoyed a carefree moment, savoring the joy of being together. As the evening unfolded, they savored the dinner, relishing the moment of being reunited as a family after six months of agonizing pain, during which they believed Freen was gone forever.

Amidst the gentle clinking of utensils and the comforting warmth of shared dishes, the family found themselves immersed in a conversation that flowed like a soothing melody.

Breaking the poignant silence, Freen turned her gaze towards Becky, gratitude shimmering in her eyes. "I can't believe I'm sitting here with you both. I missed this so much."

Becky responded by reaching for Freen's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "We missed you too, more than words can say. It feels surreal having you back."

Zea, chiming in with the innocence only a child could bring, added, "Mommy was really sad when you were away, Dada. Now Mommy's beautiful smile is back because you're back, Dada."