26 - Sunflower

After class, Becky expressed her craving for a milk tea, and Freen, her attentive girlfriend, gladly offered to satisfy her desire. Together, they headed to a nearby tea shop, where Becky ordered her favorite milk tea, and they both shared a delightful moment before heading home.

As they sipped on their milk teas in the cozy tea shop, Freen smiled at Becky and said, "You really love that baby."

Becky grinned and replied, "I can't help it; the combination of tea and the sweet, creamy goodness just hits the spot every time."

Freen leaned in and teased, "I think you love milk tea more than you love me."

Becky playfully nudged her, "No way! You're my number one, always." She took a sip of her milk tea and continued, "But milk tea is a close second."

Freen chuckled and said, "I'll have to keep my eye on that milk tea, then." They both shared a laugh, enjoying their light-hearted conversation.

Freen gazed into Becky's eyes with affection and said, "Well, I have to admit, milk tea does have a certain charm. It's one of the little things I love about you."

Becky blushed and replied, "And you, my love, is the biggest thing I love about my life." She reached across the table and held Freen's hand.

Freen, taking a thoughtful sip of her milk tea, then asked, " By the way, have you thought about what you'd like to do during the Christmas break this year? You'll also have your birthday then. I would want to bring you on lovely dates, as in plural, baby, many mini dates, for those days. I have plans."

As Freen inquired about their plans for the Christmas break, Becky's initial excitement began to dim, and a subtle uneasiness settled in.

Freen noticed Becky's uneasiness with what she said so she asked, "Is there something wrong babe?"

Becky paused for a moment, grappling with the words she wanted to convey, before finally confessing, "You know, baby, there's something I've been wanting to share about that, but I'm not quite sure how to put it into words."

Freen, ever the patient and understanding partner, leaned in closer, her eyes filled with compassion. "Baby, you can take all the time you need. Whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen and support you."

Becky looked into Freen's eyes and began, "You see, babe, since we had that misunderstanding, and I thought that we had broken up, there was so much uncertainty, and I knew I needed some time to heal. That's when I agreed to my family's request to spend the Christmas break in England this year."

Freen lapsed into silence, her response caught in a web of confusion. She had already made plans and was eagerly anticipating spending time with Becky during the break and her birthday. However, she also compassionately comprehended the validity of Becky's point.

Becky continued, "I would love to cancel my trip since we've reconciled, but you know how my parents are with plans – once they've made them, they stick to them." She sighed, acknowledging the challenge of changing her family's established arrangements.

In the midst of Freen's silence, Becky couldn't help but feel a rising sense of nervousness. She desperately wanted to ensure that this situation wouldn't become another obstacle in their relationship. Becky understood the importance of clear communication and didn't want her family's plans to create unnecessary strain between her and Freen.

In a bid to break the silence and reassure her girlfriend, Becky reached out, cupping Freen's hand in hers and said, "Babe, I promise to make it up to you." Her words were filled with sincerity, offering solace and the reassurance of their enduring love and connection.