17 - Pageant

Freen's POV

As I entered the bustling Armstrong Mansion, it was evident that everyone, especially my girlfriend, was fully engaged in finalizing the preparations for Charlotte's upcoming pageant.

My girlfriend's dedication made it seem as if she herself was the contestant. As Charlotte's supportive cousin, she was equally committed to making the event perfect. The mansion was alive with the energy of the upcoming pageant, promising a remarkable evening ahead.

I made my presence known by approaching my girlfriend, kissing her on the temple, and saying, "You're doing an incredible job, and Charlotte is lucky to have you by her side."

My girlfriend's face lit up with a grateful smile as she glanced at me. "Thank you," she replied, her voice filled with a mix of excitement and relief. "It's been quite a whirlwind getting everything ready for Charlotte, but it's all coming together."

Charlotte, who was busy nearby, overheard our conversation and chimed in, "We couldn't have done it without your support too. Letting me borrow my precious cousin here. This night is going to be amazing, thanks to both of you."

I just nod and smile in remarks.

"Allow me to chauffeur you, beautiful ladies, to the venue." I offered

"Thank you so much for the offer," my girlfriend replied with a warm smile, "but we're going to be here a bit longer to make sure everything is perfect. We'll see you at the venue later, though."

Charlotte nodded in agreement, saying, "Yes, we want to ensure the evening goes off without a hitch. I wanna win this. But we appreciate your thoughtfulness!"

With a final wave, and a peck kiss to Becky, I left the bustling Armstrong Mansion, looking forward to meeting them at the venue and sharing in the excitement of Charlotte's pageant.

As I was about to start the car's engine, a message from Becky popped up on my phone. It read, "I truly appreciate you in every way, my love. I love you, and I can't wait to see you later – I have a surprise in store for you."

The message brought a smile to my face, and I eagerly looked forward to what awaited me.

I quickly typed out my reply, my heart filled with anticipation and affection for Becky: "I can't wait to see you too, and I'm thrilled about the surprise! Love you."

With that, I sent the message and started the car's engine, ready to make my way to the venue, excited about what the night had in store for us.

_______

Later that night.

Freen's POV

The night had begun with a beautiful melody playing as the prelude to the event. I, along with my friends, found ourselves in the VIP box, eagerly waiting for the main event to commence.

Our presence was not only to enjoy the evening but also to extend our wholehearted support to Engfa, the reigning Queen of Glam 2022, as she would gracefully pass on her crown later in the night.

As the lights in the venue cast a magical ambiance, I couldn't help but keep an eye out for Becky's arrival. Her message about a surprise had piqued my curiosity, and I knew that whatever she had in store for me would only add to the already exciting and memorable evening ahead.

"Hey, I heard your avid stalker, Heidi, is one of the contestants tonight," Nam said as he playfully nudged my arm.

I gave a nonchalant shrug and said, "Heidi, huh? Well, good for her, I guess." It was evident that I couldn't be less bothered about her involvement in the competition and was more interested in the evening's festivities.