19 - Diet!

Book 2: So, this is Forever

19 – Diet!

After completing their morning routines, Becky headed to Zea's room, ready to bring her to the suite for breakfast.

As Freen gazed at the sea's horizon, her daughter's joyful cry reached her ears, Dadaaaaaa!" .Without hesitation, she turned, knelt, and opened her arms to embrace Zea.

"Good morning, sweetheart," Freen said, planting a kiss on Zea's cheek.

"Good morning, Dada. How was your sleep? You and Mommy arrived late, I couldn't wait for you," Zea pouted. "Did you wake up good?" she inquired, her eyes wide with curiosity.

"I'm sorry for arriving late last night, baby," Freen said, affectionately brushing a strand of hair from Zea's face. "And yes, we slept well and woke up feeling fantastic. Especially your Mommy," she added with a playful wink, acknowledging Becky, who had now joined them.

Becky blushed, remembering the playful wake-up call orchestrated by Freen. "Freeeen," she protested, but her eyes twinkled with shared mischief.

"Really, Mommy? I bet you dreamt of our family. Coz I did!" Zea exclaimed eagerly as Freen settled her into a chair facing the table. The warmth of their shared laughter filled the room, creating a tapestry of love and connection.

Amidst the laughter, Becky reached over and tousled Zea's hair gently. "You know what, sweetie? I think dreams like yours are the best kind. Now, how about we enjoy this delicious breakfast together as a family?" she suggested with a warm smile.

"Ella, come sit down and eat with us," Freen warmly invited Zea's babysitter.

"It's okay, I can..."

"Nah! Sit with us and eat!" Becky interrupted, pulling Ella to the table. Though initially reluctant, Ella gratefully followed their insistence.

As they shared stories and deliberated over the day's plans, immersed in the delight of both the scrumptious food and the affectionate atmosphere enveloping them, Zea suddenly interjected, "Mommy, Dada, can we swim today? The beach is very inviting. Let's wear matching swimsuits," she giggled with excitement.

Becky, anticipating Freen's concerns about swimsuits and scars, started to respond, but felt Freen's reassuring hand. "Sweetie, we can definitely swim. But we can't wear matching outfits for now because Dada and Mommy didn't bring swimsuits that match yours," Freen explained, ensuring Zea's disappointment turned into understanding.

"Understood, Dada. But will you swim with me?" Zea asked, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

"Absolutely, and Ella will join us too," Becky replied with a smile, embracing the idea of a shared seaside adventure.

The excitement in the room grew as they finished their breakfast, each family member looking forward to the day's playful escapades by the inviting waves.

Before heading to her room to prepare, Zea drew her mom closer "Mommy, what's that on your neck?" Her finger pointed directly at the hickey discreetly bestowed by her wife, a detail that had seemingly escaped notice until this moment.

A flush of both embarrassment and amusement painted Becky's cheeks as all eyes turned to the conspicuous mark on her neck.

"Oh, I think a mosquito may have mistaken me for a midnight snack," she offered a lighthearted excuse, navigating the delicate balance of truthfulness and maintaining innocence. To swiftly shift the focus, she inquired, "Sweetie, how's your breakfast? Are you enjoying it?"

Amidst Becky's attempt to gracefully handle the situation, an undercurrent of panic subtly weaved through her words, while Freen found herself unable to contain a giggle on the sidelines.