44 - Just love, trust, and us

Becky's POV

After our intimate moment, as we both caught our breath, Freen rested her head on my neck, and I couldn't resist running my fingers through her long, silky hair. I realized how much I had missed that simple, affectionate gesture.

Then she whispered, "Baby, I love you." Hearing those words outside the heat of our intimate moment, I momentarily ceased my caress, unsure if my reaction was subtle enough. In the midst of our earlier intimacy, her declaration seemed more easily understood, but in this quieter moment, uncertainty crept in.

I found myself unsure of how to respond. While my love for her remained undeniable, it felt like the words were trapped within me, so I simply responded with a hum, which I think came out so bland.

I couldn't shake the feeling that she had picked up on my absence of a verbal response to her "I love you."

It was the first time this had happened, as typically, after me make love, we would exchange those affectionate words without fail. The unspoken tension in the air left me wondering how our relationship had shifted in that brief, silent exchange.

She gracefully shifted from her position on top of me, gently tucking us both under a blanket. In our nakedness, she spooned me, our bodies entwined with an intimate, tender connection.

In that instant, swept away by a tidal wave of emotions, I surrendered to the profound intensity of her embrace. With closed eyes, I felt a mixture of longing and bittersweet joy, as if our connection held the weight of a thousand emotions in that one heartfelt hug.

Then, in a hushed tone, she whispered in my ear, "What's on your mind? What do you wanna know?" Her words conveyed a readiness for an open discussion, and in that moment, it felt as we had reached the end of our emotional rollercoaster ride, where I could finally lay bare my thoughts and feelings without hesitation.

Her whispered words stirred a sense of vulnerability in me. I took a moment to gather my thoughts, realizing that I had questions, desires, and curiosities I'd been hesitant to express.

With a deliberate and tender movement, I shifted within her embrace to face her directly. I offered, "Why don't we try something different? I'll start by sharing my questions, thoughts, and feelings, and I hope you'll do the same in return."

Our eyes locked with a glimmer of shared anticipation and agreement. She nodded with genuine warmth and a reassuring smile, her fingers gently tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as she affectionately replied, "I think that would be best, baby." In that moment, it felt as though we were opening the door to a new chapter in our relationship, one marked by vulnerability, transparency, and a deeper understanding of each other's inner worlds.

I nodded, mustering a timid smile, and uttered, "Let's begin with Patricia?"

"I met her at the bar in England, the night you found me drunk after our devastating encounter in the Alex Monroe store. Since then, she's become a reliable friend. It just so happens that our fathers are new business partners as well." She answered.

"Friend?" I asked with tinge of doubt

Freen chuckled, leaned in for a quick sweet kiss on my lips. "Yes, we're only friends. Nothing more." She softly declared pressing our forehead together.

"Freeeennn...stop distracting me," I playfully pushed her away, then continued, "What about the kiss you shared earlier, and why does she keep calling you 'babe'?"

Freen sighed and explained, "Patricia is naturally affectionate, and she calls everyone 'babe,' not just me. It doesn't mean anything more than that. She's like that with most of her friends.