34 - Let her go

Becky's POV

While I anxiously awaited Irin's arrival, I decided to call my brother for assistance in locating Freen. My trembling fingers dialed his number, hoping that his involvement could expedite the search and resolution of this tumultuous situation.

My brother answered after a few rings, "Beck, what's going on?

My brother Richie's voice crackled with concern as he answered my desperate call. "Beck, what's going on?"

Tears flowed freely as I explained the heartbreaking situation, my voice quivering with emotion. "Freen left, Richie. I can't find her anywhere. I can't bear to lose her. Please, I need your help."

"England?" Richie's surprise was palpable. "Why would she leave you?"

My voice shook as I confessed, "She saw me with Billy, and she thinks I'm cheating. I'll explain everything later, but right now, I need you and your connections to find Freen in this area. I can't lose her, Richie, not now."

Determined to help me, Richie assured, "I'll do everything to locate her, Beck. Stay right where you are, I'll be there." The intensity of the situation weighed heavily on us both, but with his support, I clung to the hope that we could mend the damage and find Freen.

"Irin will be with me, Richie. She's here in England, and we're going to search for Freen. Just call me as soon as you have any news," I informed my brother, my voice filled with gratitude for his assistance and hope for a positive outcome.

The passing minutes felt like an eternity, and my anxiety continued to mount as Irin's arrival was delayed. I kept calling and messaging Freen in every possible way, my desperation growing with each unanswered attempt. My heart ached, fearing that every second counted in finding her and resolving the turmoil between us.

Relief washed over me as I heard Irin's voice on the other end of the phone. "Irin, where are you?" I asked, my voice filled with gratitude and anxiety.

"Beck, I'm just around the corner," she responded. "I'll be there in a minute. Hang in there."

Her words were a lifeline in that moment, and I anxiously awaited her arrival, hoping that, together, we could find Freen and begin the process of healing and reconciliation.

Upon Irin's arrival, I hugged her with all the intensity of my emotions and the depths of my gratitude.

Irin and I finally released our embrace, and as we prepared to embark on our mission to find Freen, she turned to me with a determined look and asked, "Tell me exactly what happened, Beck."

"I will tell you everything, but let's prioritize finding her for now," I affirmed.

Understanding the urgency of the situation, Irin said, "You're right. Let's focus on finding Freen first, and then we can work on resolving everything. Let us start in our hotel."

"I've been calling her but no answer as well. Talk to me as we drive there" she continued.

As we drove to the hotel, I began to open up to Irin, recounting every detail of the surprise that had taken a sudden turn into chaos. I shared the words that had triggered Freen's departure, the misunderstanding, and the emotions that had escalated into turmoil.

Irin listened closely, absorbing the intricacies of the situation as we discussed our strategy to locate Freen and mend the bonds that had been strained by the events of the day.

"But, Beck, just two days ago, I distinctly recall you telling me that you had already spoken with Billy," Irin said, her voice tinged with surprise. "That's precisely why I fully supported Freen's plan to surprise you with a visit to England for your birthday."