1 - I miss you, though

Book 2: So, this is Forever!

1 – I miss you, though!

Rebecca reclines in the opulent embrace of their grand living room, gazing at the wedding portrait that captures the essence of six years spent as a married couple. Lost in the tender memories, she murmurs softly to the air, "I love you, Freen."

The tranquility is interrupted by the joyful patter of little feet as Zea, their cheerful four-year-old, dashes to her, calling out, "Mommy, mommy!" Rebecca's contemplative reverie is momentarily halted.

With a warm smile, Rebecca opens her arms, welcoming Zea into a loving embrace. The eager little girl, with eyes as expressive and adorable as her Dada Freen's, rushes into her mother's arms. "I missed you, mommy," Zea exclaims, sealing the moment with a sweetness that mirrors the enduring love within their family.

"Oh! But you were just in your music room, and I was here waiting for you," Rebecca replied to her sweet daughter.

"But I still missed you, mommy," Zea said with a pout.

Rebecca couldn't help but muster a weak chuckle at Zea's adorable pout, gently lifting her up and settling her on her lap. "Well, I missed you too, sweetheart. How was your music lesson?" she asked, weakly attempting to infuse some cheerfulness into her voice as she playfully tousled Zea's hair.

Zea's eyes sparkled with excitement. "I was playing the piano, just like Dada does! And I made up a song!" she proudly announced.

A flicker of genuine joy crossed Rebecca's face, but it was swiftly overshadowed by a subtle undercurrent of sadness. "You did? That's amazing, Zea! I can't wait to hear it."

Zea nodded enthusiastically, her earlier pout completely replaced with joy. "Yes, yes! You will love it!"

However, a palpable wave of disappointment washed over Zea's face. "But I hope Dada is here so I can play it for her too," she said, lowering her shoulders.

Rebecca hugged her daughter tightly, her smile concealing the twinge of sadness that welled up within her. "Oh, sweetheart, don't be sad now. Mommy is here! Maybe you can play it for me?"

Zea's face brightened, and she nodded, blissfully unaware of the subtle sadness that lingered in her mother's eyes. In that moment, Rebecca chose to bury her own emotions, prioritizing the joy in her daughter's world over the lingering ache in her heart.

Zea couldn't contain her excitement as she leaped off her mother's lap, tugging her towards the music room of the grand mansion.

With sparkling eyes, she settled in front of her piano, declaring, "Mommy, listen, okay?"

Becky nodded attentively; a warm smile directed at her daughter.

As Zea began to play her impromptu melody, Rebecca listened with rapt attention, her gaze fixed on her daughter. The innocent notes filled the room, carrying the unfiltered joy of childhood.

In that poignant moment, Rebecca found herself contemplating the intricate dance of parenthood. Zea's music brought happiness, yet an undercurrent of sadness lingered. The absence of Freen cast a shadow over the room, a void unspoken but felt.

Suppressing her own yearning, Rebecca maintained a warm smile, applauding Zea's musical creation. "That was beautiful, sweetheart! I'm so proud of you," she said, veiling her melancholy with words of encouragement.

Zea beamed with pride, blissfully unaware of the emotional nuances beneath her mother's smile. Rebecca, committed to embracing the joy of the moment, silently vowed to treasure these sincere connections with Zea, even as whispers of loneliness echoed in the corners of their mansion.