16 - I'll play nice

Book 2: So, this is Forever

16 – I'll play nice

Becky's POV

Waking up to the sun in my face, I slowly opened my eyes. Peering over to the other side of the bed, it was empty—no sign of my wife.

Casually strolling around the room, I spotted a note on the bedside table. "Up early, hit the home gym for a quick workout. Last night was awesome. Thanks, Baby. Love you. Hope I didn't go too hard with my BB."

Reading my wife's note, I felt a bit sore down there, on her BB, but couldn't help but smile, recalling how Freen had taken the reins until dawn. Instead of being the one in control, she claimed the spotlight again. "Naughty wife, I'll get my payback on your birthday Freen," I chuckled with a playful smirk.

I headed to the bathroom to grab a quick shower, letting the warm water ease the remaining tension from the night before. The thought of Freen's playful note lingered in my mind as I dressed, and a mischievous grin found its way to my face.

As the warm water embraced me in the shower, I could feel the remnants of the previous night's tension slowly washing away. Freen's playful note continued to dance in my thoughts as I got dressed, and an involuntary mischievous grin spread across my face.

Making my way downstairs to the kitchen, I decided to make breakfast for us. I whipped up a batch of pancakes, generously pouring extra syrup on Freen's, just the way she liked them, and adding extra chocolate chips for Zea, our little bundle of joy. The sweet aroma wafted through the air as I set the table, eagerly anticipating the joy these pancakes would bring to my two favorite people.

Before diving into breakfast, I headed to Zea's room. Knowing it was the weekend, I allowed her a few more precious minutes of sleep. Gently nudging her awake, I whispered, "Morning, sleepyhead. Pancakes are waiting for you downstairs."

Her eyes sparkled with excitement, "Good Morning Mommy" and she planted a morning kiss on my cheek. As we made our way to the dining area, I noticed Freen emerging from our bedroom, looking fresh from her own shower.

With a smile, Freen approached us, and as we got closer, she gently lifted Zea into the air. "Good morning, my sweetheart," she exclaimed, causing Zea to giggle.

"Dadaaaaa, I might fall!" Zea exclaimed, hanging onto her mother's hand for dear life, laughter filling the room as our cozy family breakfast unfolded.

Freen chuckled, holding Zea securely in her arms. "I won't let you fall, sweetie," she declared, her eyes meeting mine, and a shared sense of warmth and contentment filled the room.

Seated around the table, Zea enthusiastically dove into her chocolate chip-studded pancake, her joy infectiously spreading to all of us. Freen and I exchanged a glance, silently savoring these simple, precious moments that wove the fabric of our complete and happy family.

After enjoying our breakfast, we geared up for our shopping spree and movie day, but not before I shared my plans for Freen's upcoming birthday.

"Babe, I was thinking of planning a family outing for your birthday next week—just three days would do," I suggested.

"I would love that, Baby, but I was also considering a party with friends since Noey is back from California for the weekend," she replied.

"How about we do both, baby? We can throw a party and then head to the resort for our family outing," I suggested, a smile playing on my lips. The idea of combining a lively celebration with friends and extended family, followed by the tranquil intimacy of quality time together at the resort, seemed like the perfect blend to make her birthday truly special.