18 - Her home

Book 2: So, this is Forever

18 - Her home

The room has been enveloped in a stifling silence for nearly 30 minutes. Becky awaits Freen's words, her wife's recent remarks echoing in her mind.

Questions race through Becky's thoughts: "What went wrong? Can't I just have her as well?"

With no sign of Freen breaking the silence, Becky quietly declares, "I will take a shower," It was a whisper but it echoed like a scream in the silence.

Clenching the bed sheet to cover her nakedness, Becky gazes at Freen before retreating into the bathroom. Freen, now with both palms on her face, shoulders trembling, is visibly crying.

Though Becky longs to comfort Freen, she is also grappling with her own pain. Closing her eyes, Becky sighs deeply, entering the bathroom and heading straight to the sink.

"F***! F***! Fuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk!" Becky's scream, though muffled, resonates through the bathroom door, reaching Freen's ears.

Upon hearing Becky's cry, Freen stops crying, her eyes fixating on the bathroom door as if witnessing Becky's turmoil. She clenches her hands into fists, muttering, "Stupid Freen!" before venting frustration on the bed with a punch.

Meanwhile, after her outburst, Becky discards the bed sheet, steps into the shower area, and sits in the corner, hugging her knees, staring blankly at the floor.

Freen entered the bathroom, then opened the door if the shower area.

Becky, catching sight of her wife's feet before the shower area, lifted her head, and the couple locked eyes. Becky wore a questioning look as she stared at her wife.

"I-I'm..." Freen sighed. "I'm s-sorry, B-beck," she stammered out an apology. "I was just..." Freen signed once more. "I was shocked. I am afraid."

"Afraid of what?" Becky responded with disbelief.

"I can't explain." Freen untied her shorts. "It's better if you..." she eased the upper hem of her shorts. Before Freen could pull them down, Becky questioned, "What are you doing?"

"Un-undressing for you," Freen responded.

"What? Why? You want me to fuck you?" Becky paused, "You know it's not just about sex, right? I need to understand what happened there? Why did you snap like that?" Becky exclaimed, still looking up at Freen.

"Exactly, I will... I will make you understand," Freen replied.

"Huh? How in the world—"

"Just look at me," Freen interrupted her wife's words, continuing to undress herself.

Her shorts dropped, and then she pulled her shirt up. Freen stood before her wife in just her underwear for the first time after the six months of separation.

When Becky saw Freen almost naked, she perceived not just her wife's attractive body but also traces of pain.

Becky stood up, not caring about her nudity, and stepped closer to Freen, her hand over her mouth in disbelief.

She traced the marks she could see.

Her fingers felt Freen's side stomach with three irregularly round-shaped scars. "Gunshot wounds, those... those that you heard over the video call, one more here," Freen explained pointing at her upper leg just below the hips.

Becky slowly nodded and continued, her fingers proceeding to a long, clean scar in the center of her wife's abdomen through the navel. "The.. the doctors opened me up for surgery."