13 - Break a million promises

Becky's POV

With a soft, lingering touch, I slowly withdrew our lips. I watched as Heidi angrily stomped away from us like a child. Then, a feeling of pride and satisfaction grew inside me as I turned my eyes toward Freen.

"Forever, huh? Are you up for it?" Freen remarked, his gaze a playful and inquisitive tease.

"As long as you are as well Freen," I replied with a sweet smile, wrapping my arm around her in a side hug.

Freen's phone suddenly buzzed, abruptly pulling us apart from our hug.

"It's Irin," she mentioned, her eyes still fixed on her phone. "She messaged me, asking to meet up in the afternoon for a talk," Freen declared.

"Would you like me to come with you, babe?" I asked softly, my hand gently caressing her arm.

"I wouldn't want to impose, but if you'd like, that would be great," Freen replied, appreciating the offer.

"Great, I shall come with you then," I declared, confirming my decision.

"How do you think Irin would take this? I asked.

"Well, it's not going to be a walk in the park, but I'm pretty confident things will turn out just fine. After all, I'm pretty sure she cares for both of us," Freen said with a cocky grin.

"Hmm, I sure hope everything goes our way," I replied with a thoughtful hum.

We strolled toward the school parking lot, her fingers intertwined with mine, while I clung to her arm like a koala bear – I am her little bear after all. I've grown quite fond of that pet name since we became a couple.

"Freen," I whispered in the quiet of our walk, the sound carrying a world of affection.

"Hmmmm," she softly hummed in reply.

"I love you, Freen," I silently declared, letting the words hang in the air between us.

She abruptly halted her steps, seemingly taken aback by my declaration. Did she not realize how much I loved her?

She turned toward me, her hand gently cradling my face, and asked, "What was that babe?"

"I said, 'I love you, Freen.' I know we've been using affectionate endearments and have expressed our feelings in many ways. We've officially become each other's, and I'm so glad to be your girlfriend, a million times over. However, we've never actually said those three words to each other.

After our first argument, which we managed to resolve together, I realized that if there's even the slightest chance that you don't fully grasp how much I love you, I wanted to say it, plain and simple," I explained at length.

"Now that I think about it, you're absolutely right. I haven't said it plainly and simply either. So, here it is, I love you," Freen declared with complete sincerity.

She pecked a kiss on my lips then leaned in, allowing our foreheads to touch. We shared a moment of laughter, chuckling at our own silliness and the cheesy sweetness of the moment.

"Come on, let's get you home so you can rest. It's been a long day," she said, gently encouraging me to continue our walk towards her car.

________

Freen's POV

Sitting in the car, her phone buzzed, drawing her attention. She cast a quick glance at the notification and broke into a beaming smile, leaving me curious about the source of her sweet smile

As I started the car, she remained engrossed in her phone, typing with enthusiasm, and releasing soft giggles. My curiosity got the best of me, and I couldn't resist asking, "What's got you so excited, babe?"