30 - I can't believe it

Book 2: So, this is Forever

30 – I can't believe it

Irin's POV

"Ugh!"

"Iriiiinn!"

Our synchronized moans filled the air as we reached the peak of our passion.

"You're amazing, honey," Noey declared, her breath still ragged as she remained draped over my body, our legs intertwined in a blissful tangle.

"You too," I responded, pulling her close to my side. She obliged, and we shared the warmth of each other's embrace under the blanket that covered our nakedness.

As we lay together, basking in the aftermath of our lovemaking, a serene tranquility enveloped us. The soft moonlight spilled through the window, casting a gentle glow upon our entangled forms.

With a contented sigh, I nestled even closer to Noey, relishing the comfort of her touch. Our breaths danced in harmony, the rhythm of our hearts echoing the depth of our connection.

Lost in the embrace of our love, I felt a profound sense of unity—a bond that transcended the physical and delved into the depths of our souls. In that moment, it was as if the universe itself whispered that we were meant to be together.

Noey's tender fingers brushed a stray strand of hair from my face, her touch a tender caress. "Irin," she whispered softly, her voice filled with an abundance of love, "you mean everything to me. I love you more than words can express."

Tears of joy welled in my eyes as I met her gaze, witnessing the pure depth of her affection. "And I love you, Noey," I replied, my voice trembling with emotion. "More than anything else in this world."

In the quiet sanctuary of our shared moment, we reaffirmed our love for each other, our hearts entwined in perfect harmony.

"Hon, why didn't you just call me instead of waiting at my condo?" I queried my handsome lover.

"Uhm.. Well..." she hesitated, but I waited patiently for her response, and she chuckled, "My phone is kinda under the sea."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Oh! When you said no, I was devastated," she confessed, pain evident in her eyes, which tugged at my heart. I gently caressed her cheeks, coaxing a smile from her lips. "I drove to the seaside in an attempt to clear my mind. I tossed my phone in frustration and cried my heart out. And as I've said, I realized maybe you simply weren't ready. So, I drove to your condo to make things right, to beg you to stay, and to tell you that I'm willing to wait until you're ready to marry me," she explained, her voice filled with sincerity and love.

As guilt began to creep into my heart once again, I couldn't bear to meet Noey's gaze. But she refused to let me retreat into the shadows of my own remorse. With gentle insistence, she cupped my chin, guiding my eyes to meet hers.

"Don't," she whispered, her voice a soothing balm to my troubled soul. "Don't feel guilty. You didn't intend to hurt me, and we've moved past that. We're good now. I've already placed a ring on your finger. We are getting married, and all that matters is our future, together."

Her words washed over me like a healing tide, washing away the lingering traces of guilt and uncertainty. In her eyes, I saw nothing but love and forgiveness, and I knew that with her by my side, we could conquer any obstacle that lay ahead. With a grateful smile, I nodded, allowing her words to fill me with hope and renewed determination.

"Noey," I murmured, my voice tinged with excitement and a hint of nervousness, "have you thought about when we should have our wedding?"

Turning to me, Noey's eyes sparkled with tenderness under the moonlit sky, her expression a reflection of the love that enveloped us both. With a soft smile, she reached out to stroke my cheek, her touch igniting a flurry of emotions within me.