17 - I said no!

Book 2: So, this is Forever

17 - I said no!

Becky's POV

My wife is in a lot of trouble now, I will surely punish her after this. It's not just cause Nita crashed her birthday bash, but because she's seriously wasted now.

So, instead of enjoying our first night at here at the resort, I'm stuck holding her hair while she's puking her guts out in the toilet of our suite.

"I told you to ease up after that second shot of whiskey," I remind her.

I can't help but shake my head as she groans between bouts of nausea. It's not exactly the dreamy first night I had in mind. I grab a towel and pass it to her, hoping it'll help in some small way. "You really know how to make a memorable night, don't you?" I say with a mix of frustration and concern.

She looks up, squints at me through bleary eyes, and manages a half-smile. "Sorry, babe. Didn't think it'd get this wild."

"Well, here we are," I chuckle, trying to keep things light.

I decide to roll with the punches and plop down next to her, realizing that, despite the unexpected turn of events, this is shaping up to be a memorable story.

"Next time, maybe we dial it down a notch, yeah?" I suggest, shooting her a grin, trying to inject a bit of humor into the situation.

She manages a weak nod, one hand still clutching the towel like it's her lifeline. "Agreed."

"Then again, maybe it had to be wild. I mean, it's the first party with our whole gang after the worst six months of our lives," I tell her, a hint of reflection in my voice.

Her eyes meet mine, and there's a glimmer of understanding. "True," she says, managing a half-smile. "We needed this, even if it got a bit out of hand."

We sit there for a moment, the chaos around us fading into the background as we share a quiet acknowledgment of the significance of this night. Sometimes, the unexpected twists make for the most unforgettable memories.

"I'll make it up to you, baby," she said.

"Oh! You will!" I responded with a playful smirk, raising an eyebrow for emphasis. The promise of redemption adding a spark of anticipation to the chaotic night.

"Eh!?" She looked at me with a cute pout, much like her daughter usually does.

I tapped off her pout. "Hey, feeling a bit peckish after emptying your guts?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood with a touch of humor.

She chuckled, mischief glinting in her eyes. "You know, I think I've worked up an appetite, despite the dramatics. Got anything in mind?"

I grinned, appreciating her spirit. "How about we salvage what's left of our night with some late-night room service? I hear they have a killer pumpkin soup."

"Sounds like a plan," she said.

"Alright, stay put while I call for room service, then I'll swing back to help you freshen up," I suggested.

"No!" she exclaimed suddenly.

"What do you mean no?" I asked, a note of confusion in my tone.

"Uhmm... I mean no need! I can handle a shower on my own," she responded, attempting to lift herself up.

"What's the worry? Besides, you can't even stand up by yourself. No more arguments. I'll go call now and be right back," I declared, not giving her a chance to respond. I exited the restroom and made the call for room service.