15 - Have me tonight

Book 2: So, this is Forever

15 - Have me tonight

In the dead of night, Becky awoke to an unusual absence of her wife's comforting embrace. Still half-asleep, she fumbled in the darkness, attempting to pull her wife into a hug, only to find the other side of the bed empty. As awareness seeped in, her eyes fluttered open, scanning the contours of their room.

Seated at the bed's edge, she cast a searching gaze toward the bathroom. "Babe?" she called out, pushing open the bathroom door to discover an empty space. A quick glance at the balcony yielded no sign of her wife either.

Concern mounting, Becky reached for her phone, donned a robe, and embarked on a search through the house. Room after room, including a cautious peek into their daughter's bedroom, offered no trace of Freen. Anxiety gnawing at her, she murmured, "Baby, where are you?"

A realization struck; perhaps Freen was in the music room. As Becky entered, her hopes were dashed—no sign of her wife. On the verge of leaving, a sudden thought prompted her to check the music room's balcony. There, in the obscurity of the night, she finally discovered Freen, silently gazing into the darkness.

Relieved and curious, Becky stepped onto the music room balcony and joined Freen in gazing into the night. The cool breeze tousled their hair as they stood side by side, immersed in the quiet beauty of the darkness.

"What are you doing out here?" Becky asked, wrapping her arms around Freen.

Freen turned to her and pulled Becky to an embrace, "I had another nightmare, and I couldn't go back to sleep."

Becky tightened her hold, offering comfort. "You could've woken me up. I want to be here for you."

"I know, babe," Freen replied, planting a tender kiss on Becky's forehead. "But I don't wanna burden you"

Becky smiled, her concern evident. "You're not a burden. We are married, babe. We deal with everything together. Your nightmares, my dreams, and everything in between. Let's face it all side by side."

Freen sighed, appreciating Becky's reassuring words. "I'm lucky to have you," she said, a hint of gratitude in her voice.

Becky gently led Freen back into the music room, away from the chilly night air. They settled onto the cozy couch, still wrapped in each other's arms.

"Tell me about the nightmare," Becky encouraged, her eyes reflecting genuine concern.

Freen hesitated for a moment before sharing the haunting details. As she spoke, Becky listened attentively, offering words of comfort and understanding. The weight of the nightmare lifted slightly with each shared word.

"I hate how they linger," Freen confessed, her gaze fixed on the floor.

Becky tilted Freen's chin up, meeting her eyes. "We'll figure it out together. Do you want me to join your next session with your doctor?"

Freen smiled, touched by Becky's unwavering support. "No need baby, the doctor said these part of the therapy needs to be dealt individually. But, you can meet me after the session, for a dinner or something. You always know how to make things better."

Becky's concern deepened, and she nodded in understanding. "Absolutely, my love. Whatever you need, consider it done. And the idea of dinner afterward sounds enchanting. We'll make it a romantic date, just you and me."

Freen's smile transformed into a gentle expression of gratitude, captivated by the depth of Becky's unwavering support. "Thank you, my love. Imagining you waiting for me feels like stepping into a haven of love after those challenging sessions. They exhaust me, and I feel so weak afterwards."