Chapter 1: The wheels on the bus go round and round

Emily's POV

She's safe. She's here. With us. With me. I can't believe it. I don't know how to act. She's changed I can see it in her eyes, those beautiful deep blue eyes...

Em! NO! Come on! You can't go there. Remember how she treated you, remember how she shamed you.

But she's changed. Everything about her is different. Her tough mean bitch act seems to have been replaced by my Ali, the one behind closed doors, the one only I knew, the one that would only surface once in a blue moon.

We're in the bus back to Rosewood from New York. Shana/A is dead... We're safe for the moment. Hanna sits with her, they've been talking and crying for half an hour now. I hear sorry's being tossed here and there in between them. She's changed. Aria and Spencer are sitting together resting their heads on one another. I look at them. Aria is just staring into space. She's still shocked by what's just happened. Spencer is murmuring reassurance to her, assuring her it was the only way and the right thing to do.

I look back over to her. She's looking right at me. I offer a small smile, she smiles back, that Alison smile that only she has. It's beautiful. She's beautiful. Ah! God! I need to stop torturing myself, I need to stop thinking about her like that! But it's her, it's Ali... I can't stop thinking about her, me, us.

Hanna and Ali hug and Hanna gets up. She taps Spencer's shoulder, points at Ali and takes her place next to Aria. I just stare out the window not knowing what to think anymore.

Hanna's POV

Ali and I sat together as soon as we got into the bus.

'' I'm so sorry Hanna. I'm a bitch! I can't believe you let me treat you like that when all you ever did was be admiring and kind to me.'' Were these words truly coming out of her mouth? I tried to say something but couldn't so I just let her keep going.

''I hate myself for what I did to you, to all of you. I'm so sorry I called you 'Hefty Hanna' and made fun of you. I'm so glad you came to get me. I'm so sorry. I'm such a bitch. I don't deserve a friend like you. I'm sorry''

Tears are running down both our faces and I put my arm around her.

''Ali... You were a bitch. But I'm looking at you now and I'm seeing Alison DiLaurentis 2.0.'' She laughs '' Yeah, who you used to be sucked, but you're getting a second chance and I'll be there for the whole ride. Besides, I'm glad you're back, I need someone to go shopping for clothes with cause it's not like Fork Earrings Aria, Buisness Smart Spencer and Sporty Emily are any help!!!'' She lets out a little laugh and looks behind her. She's looking at Emily, boy! them two are gonna have a pretty big talk...

We keep talking for half an hour. I tell her all about Caleb. She listens and she seems to genuinely care. She's changed for the best. I'm loving this new Alison, she's become... good. When we've finished catching up, we hug for a long time. I know she's looking back at Emily whilst we talk. I don't know how Emily is copping with this but I know her well enough to know she wants be left alone.

''Hey, can you tell Spencer to come see me?'' I nod, I know she wants to speak to all of us. I see the guilt in her eyes and feel the intensity of her emotions as she speaks. I like this new Ali.

I go towards Spencer. She's holding on to Aria. Aria is shaking. I can't stand seeing her like this. I let Spence know that Alison wants to see her. I sit where she was next to Aria and hug the small body beside me. I feel her trying to hold back the tears. She's still struggling with the whole Dead Shana thing. I start saying everything and anything that will make her forget. I know she's okay but I also know her heart is fragile at the moment and she just needs comfort.