Chapter 52: Still Friends

*unedited*

Emily's POV

I had been wandering around for an hour with my suitcase trailing behind me and my backpack on my back when I decided to grab a cup of coffee at The Brew. As I walked in, I felt everyone staring at me. Probably wondering why on our earth I was alone and looking lost as if a tourist in a big city. Only I'm not a tourist and Rosewood was far from a big city... Instead I was just a douchebag in a small town where I know news travelled far. Unable to stand the not so discreet glances anymore, I grabbed my coffee to go and walked out.

I stand on the street outside, looking around. I have no fucking clue where to go... My eyes wander up and down the street when they stop on a bench in patch of green. I walk over to it and run my hand over the wood where the placard used to be. This was Ali's bench. I sit there and remember when it got vandalised, how that's what led to my coming out to the girls and admitting that I loved, that I love, Ali as more than a friend. All the memories just come flooding in. When she saved me from the barn and she offered to take me with her and she kissed me. When she appeared in my room in the middle of the night, trying to redeem herself. How I yelled at her cause I was just so mad at her for leaving us, for leaving me behind... I remember when we all followed her in that red coat and tears were brimming her beautiful blue eyes when she'd turned around. My breath had hitched in my throat because of she was just that breathtakingly gorgeous. But the most painful memories were the ones of us together, as a couple and then the disbelief, the disgust, the anguish in her eyes as I told her about my betrayal, as I watched myself tear our hearts apart. I swallow hard, trying to force the bitterness down, to no avail.

I felt a drop land on my face and looked up to see it was starting to rain. Well, shit. Now I definitely need to figure out where I'm going to go. I know where I could go but I don't know if I should... No matter how much I fuck up, I know she's there for me, she's always there for me. I might as well try I guess.

Twenty minutes later, I'm standing drenched from head to toe in front of the white house and it's dark grey door. I raise my fist and hesitantly knock... God! I hope this was a good idea!

The door swings open and the blonde doesn't look at me '' How may I—'' her smile drops as soon as she lifts her eyes up

'' Hey'' I say weakly

'' You fucking bitch!'' And SLAP!

'' Shit!'' I bellow holding my cheek '' Fuck Hanna! That hurt!''

'' Yeah well you fucking deserve it you shithead!'' she yells at me

'' Very true...'' I groan moving my jaw trying to numb the pain

She moves to the side '' Now come in before you die!'' I step inside her house and set my things aside '' The girls are in the kitchen''

Yikes... Don't really want to face them especially not if they're all gonna greet me the same way Hanna did...

'' Aria, she betrayed my sister!'' I hear as we start going to the kitchen. Hanna throws me a worrying glance and I just awkwardly smile at her

'' Guess who's joined us, girls!'' Hanna says loudly as she walks in ahead of me

I appear behind her and wave clumsily at my two other best friends '' Hi Aria... Spencer''

'' Emily'' Aria stares agape

Spencer walks up to me and lifts her hand up but I take it cause after all I'm a fucking shit head and I deserve it. I close my eyes preparing for the hit but nothing comes. I open them slowly one by one to see Spencer just looking at me her hand raised