Chapter 51: Fairytale Endings

Emily's POV

I step out from the forest into the DiLaurentis' backyard. The whole walk, Noel and Jason had stayed silent, leaving me to drown in my own misery and disappointment. Dark thoughts had entered my mind and I had kept fighting to push them away. I need to show Ali that I really do love her and I just can't live without her. I made a stupid mistake! I mean don't we all!

I make my way to the backdoor but Jason puts his hand on my shoulder

'' No. You're going through the front. Noel and I through the back'' he orders

I gulp and nod nervously. I walk along the side of the house, keeping my head down in shame, and make my way alone to the front porch.

'' Don't.'' I look up and I think I may need to change trousers.

There standing mad, red-faced and tense was Mr Di... Shit...

'' P-P-Please, S-Sir'' I stammer afraid staring up at him from the bottom of the stairs leading up to the porch

'' No. I gave you one job. I asked you to not do one thing. And you did it. I trusted you. I put my families and my values on the line for you.'' his voice is severe and his glare harsh

'' I know, Sir! And I regret it more than anything...'' I say truthfully ''Please... I just need to see her. Please. I've got to try and make this right! Please, Sir!'' I beg trying to hold back the tears

'' No!'' he vociferates '' You broke my daughter's heart! You acted like an idiot and I will not accept that! Do you realise how much you hurt her?''

'' Yes! I had to watch her break in front of me and feel my heart clench and explode at the sight of what I had done! I love her and I screwed up! I know that! You don't think I'm ashamed of what I did?! You don't fucking I hate myself?! You don't think I feel disgusted at what I did?! You don't think I know I lost the most amazing girl in the world because I was an idiot?!'' I shout back coming face to face with him on the porch '' Screw it! I'm going to see her!'' I try pushing past him but he gets in front of the door

'' Don't even try, Emily! If I ever see you around this house again... I swear to God!'' he holds out his fist in front of him

I take a step back and let a tear roll down my face '' Let me at least get my stuff'' I retort

'' It's already taken care of.'' He looks behind me and indeed against the railing of the porch are lying my backpack and my suitcase

I look back at him and angrily wipe away my tears for the umpteenth time in a few hours... '' Fine. I guess I'll leave then'' I grab my stuff but before I step off the porch, I stare at him straight in the eye and try to seem as strong as I could '' But tell Alison this...''

'' I can't promise anything, neither can you by the way''

I bite my tongue and stick my jaw out. I shake my head at his comment and move on

'' Well I'm still going to say it, either way. I want you to tell Alison...''

Alison's POV

'' Tell me what?'' I open the door

'' Ali...'' she whispers dejectedly dropping her luggage

'' Tell me what, Emily? Look me in the eyes and tell me!'' I demand trying to make my voice as firm as possible but I know it's the opposite.

'' Princess...'' she makes a step towards me but I hold my hand out

'' No.'' I simply say

She looks at me with those puppy eyes she does so well and I feel my throat tighten at the sight. She looks down, takes a long breath and then stares deep into my eyes

'' Alison Lauren DiLaurentis... I'm sorry I'm a screw up. I'm sorry I'm an idiot. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I did this. I don't know why it happened but I know it means nothing. That night we'd gotten into a fight about exactly what I did and I wasn't thinking straight'' both our eyes were watery and I knew it wouldn't take long for the drops to fall. But I did my best to keep a straight face '' I was sad, I was lonely, I missed you... I was given a way out. A way out, that was blonde and had eyes that resembled yours. I had drank a lot and I got caught up, I got side tracked. I'm not making any excuses. There aren't any for what I have done'' she hiccuped trying to stop a sob ''I stopped it before it got out of hand Ali... I love you too much to throw it to waste... What we had-What we have, it's undeniably amazing and I know I badly messed up. And I know I hurt you. But, you've got to know how much it's killing me! I have loved you since we were 14, Alison! I fell in love with you long before our first kiss in the library! I saw you everywhere when you disappeared! I dreamed about yo coming back and us starting a life together! I can't see my life without you, by my side... Remember the baby tugging on your arm? The big house? The dreams? We can still have all that... Please'' her voice was breaking more and more and the tears were now free-falling but I did my best to seem unfazed '' One promise that I'll keep forever in my heart is that I love you Alison Lauren DiLaurentis, forever and always. You're my happy ending. Let me be yours. I'll spend the rest of our fairytale life together making it up to you...''

I sniff and try to choke back the tears but I know I'm about to lose this fight

'' I need time to think... '' I barely manage and I walk back inside, closing the door behind me. I walk to the window and look through the opaque curtains.

Her head hangs low and her shoulders slump... I bite my lips and let the tears take over yet again... My dad hands her her luggage and she nods slightly.

I hear her say a faint sorry and thank you to him before she turns and walks away... 

What have you done to me, Emily Fields? To us?