Chapter 14: Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead

*Monday morning*

Alison's POV

Ugh... I didn't want to go to school. At least I get to see Em! After breakfast Saturday, we all spent the day together. We hadn't really had a chance to hang out together since that sleepover so it was nice. I had to go home though afterwards, because I had homework to do on Sunday and I'd started going to church too. When you're on the run from someone who desperately wants you dead, it's good to have something/someone there, a force outside to turn to.

I haven't told my parents about Emily... Hell, I haven't even told them about being... Bi? Gay? I don't know. I mean Emily is really the only person I've ever had feelings for but from my past its clear to see I'm attracted to guys or was? This is doing my head in! I'm not sure I'm ready for the school to know though... I love Emily with all my heart but how are people going to react when they hear the previously bitchy Queen Bee now become nice Queen Bee is dating a girl... I know that's what got me in this mess with Em in the first place but I'm still trying to readjust and fit in again. It's easier with the girls by my side true, but doesn't mean I'm ready to come out of Emily's closet. I need to tell Emily how I feel that's for sure but how do I say it without hurting her.

A car honks outside my window, I look out to see Spencer waiting for me. She's my neighbour and my ride which is nice, it gives us time together to bond and catch-up. I have this kind of one-on-one time with all the girls. Aria is in my art class and Hanna and I have weekly shopping trips, which really just consist of window shopping but still.

I check myself in the mirror one more time, my hair is curled, I've applied light make-up, I'm wearing white skinny jeans, a pink tank top and a light blue blazer above. I grab my bag from my chair and run outside to the car.

——————————————————————————————————----------------------------------------------

When we pull up at school, Emily and Aria are already there. As we walk up to them, I see Emily walk towards me a big grin on her face, her arms outstretched as if coming in for a hug.

'' Em, can we talk please? it's nothing bad I promise, sweetie!'' I say grabbing one of her arms and pulling her away from everyone so people can't hear us.

'' Yeah sure'' She mumbles, clearly confused at what is happening. I make sure we're not too close so that people don't wonder what's going on. I can't believe I'm still scared of people's judgements... I need to get over that

'' I don't think I'm ready to let the school know about us...'' I say ashamed, staring at the ground.

'' Hey Ali... It's alright, don't worry! I mean it took me long enough to come out'' She chuckles and I look up at her, still ashamed of hiding who I am '' It's fine ok... When you're ready, you're ready! I get it, as long as when we're away from school, I still get to be with you and as long as it's just you and me I'm happy!'' She smiles, I'm still worried though, what if she's saying this just because... What if she doesn't mean it???

She checks to see no one is around us and as if she understands what I'm thinking, she leans in and whispers '' I love you, Alison Lauren DiLaurentis and nothing will ever change that!'' I grin widely and blush at the love of my life's words and give her a quick peck on the cheek

'' Friends can link arms though right?'' I say

'' Yeah, we do it all the time'' she beams. Gosh, I love this girl so much! We walk back to the girls who look at us inquisitively

'' It's fine girls! Alison and I are friends at school! She's not ready to tell.'' Em mentions

'' Oh OK. Well then girls, let's go to class cause we have test in English this morning.''