Chapter 7: Guess who's back

*Monday morning at school*

Emily's POV

''Are we sure she's even going to show?'' Hanna is asking the question we're all thinking. We told Ali to meet us here at 8. It's now 8:20 and she still isn't here. I'm starting to worry.

''No. There she is. Look'' We turn our heads to where Aria is pointing.We clearly aren't the only ones who'd seen her pull up in the parking lot as everyone starts to gather around her car. I run to her car the girls close behind. No way am I gonna let anyone try anything! Not on my watch! I promised I'd be there for her! We may not be together but I am her friend and that's what friends do. I promised to be her best friend. And I'm planning on keeping that promise. I reached her car and people are blocking her door, she's stuck. I push through forcing a passage between all these people that had come to watch the show or just wanted to get back at her. I started shoving people out of the way, but I was too weak for some. Suddenly someone's pushes past me and start shoving the people and creating a path way for me. He turns around and grins. Noel. He'd known about Ali being alive, but I can't help and wonder what else they did together... Not the time for this Emily! I didn't think any more of it as he gestures me forwards indicating me to go to her.

''You shouldn't be here! This isn't good for anyone!'' Some douche was yelling at her through her door.

''You better leave now before I break your face!'' Noel says as he grabs the scrawny kid by his collar.

''Sorry...'' The guy mumbles as he backs away.

I reach past Noel and open Ali's door.

''Hey Ali.'' I try to say in my softest voice possible. She pops her head up. Her eyes are all red. She was holding the tears in. She offers a shy smile. Her ocean blues clearer than I'd ever seen them. I hate seeing her like this.

'' Come on, the girls are here too.'' I reach over her and unbuckle her seat belt. I step away and open the car door wider. I hold out my hand for her. She stares into me before grabbing it and giving me a small nod. I look around to see Toby and Noel pushing the others away and creating a passage for us to the girls. I squeeze Ali's hand. I know I shouldn't be doing this but she needs me right now, she needs her best friends. Just as we're about to get to the girls, Ali lets go of my hand and walks away. I look at the girls and then Ali to see where she's walking to. Or rather who. Paige. You have got to be kidding. Come on! Can't I catch a break?

I see them talking but I'm not close enough to hear, I see Paige tearing up and then she hugs Ali! Ok! What the actual fuck?! Get your hands off her! Wait which one?! I think to myself as I remember I loved Paige once but Ali is Ali... I don't know. The girls were right, I'm gonna need to sort this out soon. Ali comes back towards me and grabs my arms and we head towards the others. Aria grabs Ali's other arm. Hanna comes next to me and gives me a warm smile saying ''You ok?'' I nod quickly. Truthfully I don't know what I am. All I know is I need to deal with this fast. Spencer is next to Aria and the guys are walking behind us as the crowd parts in front of us, leading us to the entrance of the school. Everyone is silent, some hold their phones up hoping to catch the moment Ali would flip on tape. As we reach the stairs Ali turns around to see people surrounding her front, back and sides.

'' I was a bitch. I'm sorry. I fucked up. You all have a right to hate me. Just know I've changed. What I've been through has taught me a lot and will spend the rest of my time here in Rosewood High making it up to those I have hurt.'' She looks at me briefly ''I'm just asking a second chance. That's all. I'm sorry. I hope I can show you just how much.'' She bows her head down and spins on her heels before running into the school.

''Ali!'' We all yell after her. As we push our way through the students, we hear people whispering ''Shall we? Does she deserve it? Is it true?'' I don't even care at this point. I just need to know she's okay. I follow the blond curls down the hallways and smash into the restroom door that she had just ran into. The girls walk in behind me.