Chapter 18: Against Peace

Alison's POV * Wednesday next week*

It's been the worst week of my life and I've had a pretty shitty past two years. But this week was awfully shitty. Hanna doesn't talk to me anymore, Spencer is no longer my ride at school and Aria and I only talk when we have a class just the two of us none of the other girls. She says she knows she shouldn't be talking to but she's my friend and friends help each other through hard times. And well the other three are pissed at me, which I deserve.

I know I fucked up. But I just fell back into bad habits and I regretted it the nanosecond I said it. I hated this. I love her so fucking much and because I'm a conceited hypocritical little miss Queen Bee, I don't want people to know. That's the worst part though. I want people to know. It's their reactions that freak me out the most. I mean I know they were all pretty much ok with Emily coming out but that's because it's sweet, gentle, kind, caring Emily; not me.

From where I sit in English right now, I can see her perfectly. I see that she seems tired, hurt and angry. It pains me to be the one that's caused all that. I hate seeing her in pain, because I then feel double that. Especially at the moment, when, somehow, through all those emotions, she still manages to look the most gorgeous person to have ever walked this earth. Her eyes were a little cloudy though, they'd lost their sparkle. I hate myself.

When the bell rings, I run out of class before all the girls. As I turn the corner I see Noel leaning against my locker. I smile to myself. Noel helped me when I was hiding. Yes we may have hooked up a few times when I was on the run, but I stopped it when I knew she was the one. And he understood. He knows about me and Em. He's my best friend so he was completely okay with it. We changed for the best together; me for Emily and him for... I don't know but from the way he spoke about this mystery girl it was clear he really liked her. Which is sweet really.

'' Hey Alison!''

'' Hey Noel!'' I smile at him

'' Friday night, my cabin, party!'' he beams, moving away from my locker so I can grab my things for my next class.

'' I don't know if I'm the mood...'' I whisper at the ground

'' Oh come on Al!'' he always called me that never Ali... '' for all you know this could help you get your mind off things. We can hang out, have fun! Just like old times! I know you want to go'' He was right I did want to go. I just didn't want to go without her.

'' Fine, but your creepy friends better stay away'' I smirk

'' Yes!'' He says throwing his arm around my shoulders holding me tight to his side. I laugh half-heartidly. Noel and his parties, I swear better love story than Twilight.

Emily's POV

'' Yes!'' I hear Noel shout from across the corridor as she laughs. Him and Alison had been in a conversation for the past few minutes and I couldn't look away. They spent a lot of time together lately and it worried me. Yet she didn't seem herself since---since the breakup. She was wearing trainers every day which unless we had sports she usually never did! And her make-up was almost non-existent and yet she still looks perfect...

''Em!'' Hanna snaps her fingers in front of me '' What were you staring at?'' She says looking in the direction I was a couple seconds ago

'' Nothing I was just thinking... Sorry guess I got lost in my thoughts'' Which isn't technically a lie because I had been lost in my thoughts whilst staring at the blonde beauty... I stop myself. She was talking to Noel; and now that I'd seen him with his arm around her, I didn't question what was happening with them,  I know the answer would kill me.