Chapter 56: Feelings and Shit

Song: traitor - olivia rodrigo

*kinda edited a bit*

Emily's POV

Ok... So now I'm in deep shit. 4 days had gone by since the phone call with Ali and since then there had been no more drama... But that didn't last long.

Here I am, in the toilets with a beautiful blonde cheerleader who's just locked the door on me. Crap

'' Hey Quinn! Wassup?'' I try casually

'' Wassup?'' she looks at me annoyed '' Wassup is that you've been avoiding me for a month and a half Emily! You can't ignore me forever! It happened, okay?-''

'' I know I shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry!''

'' You're sorry? Oh wow... Ok'' she had tears pooling in her eyes '' I'm not.'' I look at her quizzically '' I'm not sorry that it happened, Em. I'd been wanting to kiss you since you got here and I was drunk enough that night to have the courage to do it!!''she cries out

'' Woah...'' I scratch my neck a little overwhelmed

'' I know it wasn't right because you're with Ali''

'' Was'' I correct her, looking into her hypnotising hazel eyes

'' You broke up?'' 

'' Yeah I told her about what happened...''

'' Oh my god... I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have- Em, it's my fault'' she puts her face in her hands

'' No, it's not.'' I delicately drop my hand on her arm and bring her hands away from her face ''I could've stopped it but I didn't.'' I gulp a little... What am I doing...

'' I shouldn't have come on to you though... If I hadn't then you'd still be together''

'' Listen, Quinn, whether we want it to or not everything happens for a reason.'' For a moment our eyes meet and a surge of nervousness takes over me. Breathe Em. It's just Quinn ''Alison and I are on good terms now.'' Her head looks back down in disappointment ''We're not together and we both think it's time to move on.'' I lift her chin up, wiping away a few stray tears that had found their way down... I have no idea where I'm going with this. What on earth am I even doing??? ''It's not your fault that I betrayed her trust. I'm the one who cheated, not you''

She releases a breath and her shoulders relax a little

''Is that why you ignored all my texts and you've been running from me? Because you felt guilty, right?'' I nod my head ''I haven't known you long Em, but I know you better than you think'' she moves closer to me and only a few centimetres are in between us... Oh shit... Not good... Don't do it Em.

'' There's that... But that wasn't the only reason'' Don't fucking say it Em, this is going to ruin everything. Shut up, Emily!

'' Wh-What do you mean?'' she stutters as I get closer still

'' I mean'' I lean in and capture her lips in mine. Holy shit. I really shouldn't be doing this. Before I pull away, she starts kissing me back and I get lost in the kiss. God, it feels good to be wanted again! She's a damn good kisser! How do I not remember her being this good? I slip my tongue in her mouth and a fight for dominance breaks out. I don't feel the fireworks I used to with Alison but I do feel satisfied, content, good, happy. Honestly, it feels great! She walks back pulling me by my shirt and leans against the wall. My hands find their way on her waist and hers are on my face. Our lips move together a little clumsily at first but quickly find a rhythm to keep to. I feel light all of a sudden, like this kiss was all I needed. Maybe this is the beginning of a new chapter... Maybe I should move on. Maybe this is how it all starts...