5

( GONE GIRL )

"Sam! Sam! You okay?" Dean yells as he runs inside.

"I think..." He mumbles.

Dean goes over to his brother. "Can you move?" He asks.

"Yeah. Help me?" Sam asks. Dean leans through the window to give Sam a hand.

Constance picks up a large framed photograph seen when she brought Troy here. It's a picture of her and her kids. Dean helps Sam out of the car.

"There you go." Dean closes the car door.

They look around and see Constance; she looks up. She glares at them and throws the picture down. A bureau scoots towards Sam and Dean, pinning them against the car. The lights flicker; Constance looks around, scared. Water begins to pour down the staircase. She goes over.

At the top are the Boy and Girl from the photograph. They hold hands and speak in chorus. "You've come home to us, Mommy." They say. Constance looks at them, distraught. Suddenly they are behind her; they embrace her tightly and she screams, her image flickering.

In a surge of energy, still screaming, Constance and the two children melt into a puddle in the floor. Sam and Dean shove the bureau over and go look at the spot where Constance and her children vanished.

"So this is where she drowned her kids." Dean says sadly.

Sam nods. "That's why she could never go home. She was too scared to face them." He says.

"You found her weak spot. Nice work, Sammy." He slaps Sam on the chest where he's been injured and walks away.

Sam laughs through the pain. "Yeah, I wish I could say the same for you. What were you thinking shooting Casper in the face, you freak?" He asks.

"Hey. Saved your ass." He points out.

Dean leans over to look at the car. "I'll tell you another thing. If you screwed up my car? Dean twists around to look at Sam. "I'll kill you." He says and Sam laughs.

The Impala tears down the road; the right headlight is out. Sam has the journal open to "Dean 35-111" and a map open on his lap and is finding coordinates with a ruler, a flashlight tucked between chin and shoulder.

"Okay, here's where Dad went." Sam says. "It's called Blackwater Ridge, Colorado."

Dean nods. "Sounds charming. How far?" He asks.

"About six hundred miles." Sam says.

"Hey, if we shag ass we could make it by morning." Dean says and Sam looks over at his brother.

He looks hesitant. "Dean, I, um..." Sam says softly.

"You're not going." Dean gets it.

"The interview's in like, ten hours. I gotta be there." Sam says and Dean nods, disappointed.

Dean returns his attention to the road. "Yeah. Yeah, whatever. I'll take you home." Sam turns the flashlight off. They drive on.

They pull up in front of the apartment, Dean still frowning. Sam gets out and leans over to look through the window. "Call me if you find him?" Sam asks and Dean nods. "And maybe I can meet up with you later, huh?"

"Yeah, all right." Sam pats the car door twice and turns away. Dean leans toward the passenger door, one arm going over the back of the seat.

"Sam?" He asks and Sam turns back. "You know, we made a hell of a team back there."

Sam smiles. "Yeah." Dean drives off. He watches him go and sighs.

      Before heading on the road once more, Dean had stopped at a diner

Before heading on the road once more, Dean had stopped at a diner. He needed his pie. After tipping the waitress and getting her number, he leaves and gets into the car. He puts the key into the ignition, looks into the rearview mirror and gasps.

"What the hell?!" He says and turns around. "How did you get in here."

Elena sits in the back of his Impala with a terrified expression. "I broke in."  She says.

"Well, maybe can you get out? I've got places to be." He says.

Dean watches as Elena's face goes blank. "It's Sam." She says. "He's in trouble."

"You've said that before." Dean says and rolls his eyes.

"There's a fire." She says and that got Dean's attention.

"What?"

"Oh my god." She gasps. "Drive! Go!" She didn't have to tell him twice. Dean sped down the road, back towards Stanford.

Sam's Apartment

Sam lets himself in. Everything is dark and quiet. "Jess?" He closes the door. "You home?" Sam notices a plate of chocolate chip cookies on the table, with a note that reads "Missed you! Love you!", next to a National Geographic.

Sam picks one up and eats it as he sneaks into the bedroom, smiling. The shower is audibly running. Sam sits on the bed, shuts his eyes, and flops onto his back.

In a matter of seconds, blood drips onto Sam's forehead, one drop, then another; he flinches and opens his eyes. He gasps in horror. Jess is pinned to the ceiling, staring down at him and bleeding from the belly.

"No!" He yells as Jess bursts into flame; the fire spreads across the ceiling. Dean kicks the front door open with Elena right behind him.

"Sam!" Dean yells as Sam raises one arm to shield his face.

"Jess!" Sam screams as Dean comes running into the bedroom.

"Sam! Sam!" Dean looks up and sees Jess.

"We have to get out of here!" Elena yells and Sam notices her for the first time.

"No! No!" Dean grabs Sam off the bed and shoves him out the door, Sam struggling all the way. Flames engulf the apartment. "Jess! Jess! No!"

Later on, Elena sits in the back of the car while Dean talks to Sam. "We have to take her with us." He says. "She knows things."

A fire truck is parked outside the building, firemen and police keeping back gawkers. Dean looks on, then turns and walks back to his car. Sam is standing behind the open trunk, loading a shotgun.

Dean looks at the trunk, then at Sam, whose face is set in a mask of desperate anger. Sam looks up, then sighs, nods, and tosses the shotgun into the trunk. "We got work to do." Sam shuts the trunk.

[ finally Elena is introduced in the story. She plays a major part in Sam and Dean's destiny. I dare you to try and guess what it is ]