26

( THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME )

LAWRENCE, KANSAS

      A young woman, Jenny, is sitting on the floor of her home, unpacking boxes. She comes across a photo of herself and her husband at their wedding. She begins to cry just as her daughter, Sari, comes in the room.

      "Mommy?" Sari asks. 

      Jenny looks up. "Hey, sweetie. Why aren't you in bed?"

      "There's something in my closet." Sari says.

      In Sari's bedroom, Jenny opens the closet doors and looks inside as Sari watches from her bed. "See? There's nothing there."

      "You sure?" Sari asks.

      "I'm sure. Now, come on. Get into bed."

      Sari crawls into bed and Jenny tucks her in. "I don't like this house." She says.

      "You're just not used to it yet. But you and your brother and me—we are going to be very happy here. I promise." Jenny  kisses Sari on her forehead. "I love you."

      She turns off the light and gets up to leave the room. "The chair." Sari says. 

      "Okay." Jenny moves a chair under the doorknob of the closet. "The chair. Just to be safe."

      Sari lies down and goes to bed. Jenny leaves. After returning to the living room, she continues unpacking boxes. She stops when she hears the sound of scratching coming from the basement.

      "Please, God, don't let it be rats." A few moments later, Jenny goes downstairs into the basement with a flashlight. She tries turning on a light, but the switches don't work. "Terrific."

      Back in Sari's room, the chair begins moving on its own, away from the closet doors. She sits up in her bed, wide-eyed and afraid.

      Back in the basement, Jenny keeps looking around. On the floor, she sees a large black trunk. She kneels down and opens it, pulling out old photos of the Winchester family. Written on the back of a picture are the words, 'The Winchesters. John, Mary, Dean, and Little Sammy'.

      Jenny smiles. In Sari's bedroom, the closet doors open by themselves. Standing in the closet is what looks like a person, but it is entirely made out of fire.

      At the Motel, Sam is sleeping and begins dreaming of Jenny. She is inside her bedroom, screaming for help. Sam wakes up, confused.

      The next morning, while Dean is on the computer, Sam is drawing a picture of a tree

      The next morning, while Dean is on the computer, Sam is drawing a picture of a tree. "All right. I've been cruisin' some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali -- its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas. Hey."