22

( THE NECKLACE )

      At the hospital, Rev is in a hospital bed and Lori is standing by his side. Sam is talking to the Sheriff. "We were just talking. Then Lori's dad came out. And then he appeared." Sam says.

      "A big man? Carrying a weapon, some kind of hook?" The Sheriff asks.

      "Yes, sir."

      "Ever seen him before?" He asks.

      "No, sir."

      The Sheriff sighs. "Son, it seems every time I turn around, I'm seeing you. I suggest you try to stay out of trouble." He says.

      Sam nods. "Yes, sir."

      Dean, Elena and two Sheriffs are walking down the hall. "No, it's alright, I'm with him. He's my brother. Hey! Brother!"

      Sam and the Sheriff turn to see them. Dean smiles and waves. "Let him through." The Sheriff says. The two Sheriffs let Dean through.

      "Thanks." Dean says. He and Sam walk towards each other. "You ok?

      "Yeah."

      "What the hell happened?" Dean asks.

      "Hook Man."

      "You saw him?" Elena asks.

      Sam grimaces. "Damn right. Why didn't you guys torch the bones?" He asks.

      "What are you talking about, I did. You sure it's the spirit of Jacob Karns?" Dean asks.

      "It sure as hell looked like him. And that's not all. I don't think the spirit is latching on to the reverend."

      "Well, yeah, the guy wouldn't send the Hook Man after himself." Dean says.

      "I think it's latching onto Lori. Last night she found out her father is having an affair with a married woman." Sam says.

      Dean shrugs. "So what?" He asks.

      "So she's upset about it. She's upset about the immorality of it. She told me she was raised to believe that if you do something wrong, you get punished." Sam says.

      "Ok, so she's conflicted. And the spirit of Preacher Karns is latching on to repress the emotions and maybe he's doing the punishing for her, huh?" Sam says.

      "Right. Rich comes on too strong, Taylor tries to make her into a party girl, Dad has an affair." Sam says.

      Dean turned his head. "Remind me not to piss this girl off. But I burned those bones, I buried them in salt, why didn't that stop him?"

      "You must have missed something." Elena suggests.

      "No. I burned everything in that coffin."

      "Did you get the hook?"

      "The hook?" Dean asks.

      "Well, it was the murder weapon, and in a way, it was part of him." Sam says.

      "So, like the bones, the hook is a source of his power." Dean says.

      "So if we find the hook..." Elena drones.

      Sam and Dean speak in unison. "We stop the Hook Man." They smile at each other.