65

( DEVIL'S TRAP )

LINCOLN, NEBRASKA

      John's cell phone is ringing. Meg picks it up. "You boys really screwed up this time." She says.

     Dean looks at Sam. "Where is he?" He asks.

     "You're never going to see your father again." Meg says.

     Dean hangs up his phone. "They've got Dad." He says.

     "Meg?" Sam asks and Dean just nods. "What'd she say?"

     "I just told you, Sammy." Dean is clearly upset. "Okay. Okay."

     Dean takes the Colt and tucks it into the back of his jeans. "What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asks.

     Dean grabs his duffle bag. "We got to go." He replies.

     "Why?" Sam asks.

      Dean puts on his jacket. "Because the demon knows we're in Salvation, alright. It knows we got the Colt. It's got Dad – it's probably coming for us next." He says.

      "Good. We've still got three bullets left. Let it come." Sam says.

      "Listen, tough guy, we're not ready, okay? We don't know how many of them are out there. Now, we're no good to anybody dead. We're leaving... now!" Dean says.

      The Impala is speeding down the road and takes a turn sideways. "I'm telling you, Dean, we could have taken him." Sam says.

      "What we need is a plan. Now, they're probably keeping Dad alive, we just gotta figure out where. They're gonna wanna trade him for the gun." Sam just shakes his head and Dean glances over at him. "What?"

      "Dean, if that were true, why didn't Meg mention a trade?" Sam is getting upset. "Dad, he might be..."

      "Don't!" Dean yells.

      "Look, I don't want to believe it any more than you. But if he is, all the more reason to kill this damn thing. We still have the Colt. We can still finish the job." Sam says.

      "Screw the job, Sam!" Dean yells.

      "Dean, I'm just trying to do what he would want. He would want us to keep going." Sam says.

      Dean gets angry. "Quit talking about him like he's dead already. Listen to me, everything stops until we get him back, you understand me? Everything." He says.

      Sam pauses to think. "So how do we find him?" Sam asks.

      "Maybe we go to Lincoln. Start at the warehouse where he was taken." Dean says.

      "Come on, Dean, you really think these demons are going to leave a trail?" Sam asks.

      Dean pauses. "You're right. We need help." The Impala drives off through the night.

BOBBY SINGER'S PLACE
[ ☼ ]

      The Impala drives onto Bobby's property, an old friend of John's. There are junk cars around and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog is chained to a post and is laying on the hood of an old tow truck. Inside, there are books stacked everywhere.

      It's very untidy and cluttered with papers on every wall. Bobby picks up two round silver flasks with crosses on them and hands one to Dean.