23

( BUGS, BUGS, AND MORE BUGS )

OASIS PLAINS, OKLAHOMA

      Construction workers are building a luxury home complex. The scene focuses on two employees from Oklahoma Gas and Power, Travis and Dustin. "Man, these are some phat houses, huh? I'd like to live here." Travis says.

      "Yeah, too bad you can't afford it." Dustin says.

      "Yeah, you're right. This neighborhood'll be damn expensive when it's done." Travis says.

      "No, this place is perfect." He smacks a bug on the side of his neck. "Except for the mosquitoes."

      Off in the distance, he can hear Dustin screaming for help. He turns and sees that Dustin has fallen into a hole in the ground. "Dustin?" He rushed over to the hole.

      "Help me, I'm trapped! I broke my ankle!" Dustin yells.

      "All right, I'll get a rope! He leaves."

      Inside the hole, Dustin is clutching his bloody ankle, breathing heavily. He looks around nervously and sees that there are thousands of beetles inside the walls of the hole. Several of them have landed on his hand, and he frantically brushes them off.

      "Oh, God." Outside the hole, Travis runs to a nearby truck and opens it. Back inside the hole, tons of beetles are beginning to cover Dustin's body.

      They gather in groups on his clothing and skin. "Travis, help!" Dustin yells.

      "Hang on!" Travis gets a rope from the truck. Inside the hole, Dustin is almost entirely covered in beetles.

      "Travis, help!" Dustin continues to scream as beetles crawl inside his ears and nose.

      "It's okay, Dustin! It's okay!" Travis runs back to the hole with supplies. "Dustin? Dustin, I'm here!" He looks into the hole with a flashlight, horrified. "Oh, God."

      Inside the hole, Dustin is dead. He is bleeding heavily from the ears, nose, and eyes.

      At a bar, Dean is inside and Sam and Elena are sitting in the car

      At a bar, Dean is inside and Sam and Elena are sitting in the car. Sam is reading a newspaper article about Dustin. A minute later, Dean comes outside, laughing and waving a wad of cash in the air. "You know, we could get day jobs once in a while." Sam says.

      "Hunting's our day job. And the pay is crap." Dean says.

      "Yeah, but hustling pool? Credit card scams? It's not the most honest thing in the world, Dean." Sam says.

      "Well, let's see honest." Dean holds out one hand. "Fun and easy." He holds out the other, and gestures that "fun and easy" outweighs "honest". "It's no contest. Besides, we're good at it. It's what we were raised to do."