67

( CARRY ON )

      "Hey, Sam?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah?"

      "You know that guy I shot? There was a person in there." Dean says.

      "You didn't have a choice, Dean."

      "Yeah, I know, that's not what bothers me." Dean says.

      "Then what does?"

      "Killing that guy, killing Meg. I didn't hesitate, I didn't even flinch. For you or Dad, the things I'm willing to do or kill, it's just, uh ... it scares me sometimes." Dean admits.

      Sam just looks at him, not knowing what to say. John comes into the room. "It shouldn't. You did good." John says.

      "You're not mad?" Dean asks.

      "For what?"

      "Using a bullet." Dean says.

      "Mad? I'm proud of you. You know, Sam and I, we can get pretty obsessed. But you – you watch out for this family. You always have." John says.

      "Thanks."

      The wind suddenly picks up and the lights start to flicker. They all go over to the window. "It found us. It's here." John says.

      "The demon?" Sam asks.

      "Sam, lines of salt in front of every window, every door." John demands.

      "I already did it."

      "Well, check it, okay?"

      "Okay." Sam leaves the room.

      "Dean, you got the gun?"

      "Yeah."

      "Give it to me." John says.

      Dean starts taking the Colt out of his jeans. "Dad, Sam tried to shoot the demon in Salvation. It disappeared." He says.

      "This is me. I won't miss. Now, the gun, hurry." John says. Dean hesitates and looks down at the gun. "Son, please." Dean starts to back up a few steps. "Give me the gun. What are you doing, Dean?"

      "He'd be furious." Dean says.

      "What?"

      "That I wasted a bullet. He wouldn't be proud of me, he'd tear me a new one." Dean says. John just looks at him as Dean raises the gun, pointing it at him and cocking it. "You're not my Dad."

      Dean has the gun pointed at John

      Dean has the gun pointed at John. "Dean, it's me." John says.

      "I know my Dad better than anyone. And you ain't him." Dean says.