50

( HELL HOUSE )

      Sam was in bed, trying to go to sleep. All he could think about was Elena. She had been on his mind ever since Dean told him that she had gotten jealous. It's been days since they had last seen Meg and Elena had been keeping her distance from him.

      After many failed attempts, he gets up and walks outside. It was a bit chilly outside so he zipped up his jacket. He went to Dean's Impala and leaned against the passenger door. He looked up at the sky and closed his eyes.

      "Jess, are you there?" He asks. Nothing happened as Sam opened his eyes and looked back down. "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you."

      The wind blew and somehow Sam knew that it was some sort of sign. He didn't know if she was listening, but he hoped she was. "You must know Elena by now." He says and the wind blew again. "She's really great and is by far the best thing that happened, after you of course." Sam said and awkwardly put his hands in his pocket.

      "I just wanted to ask you something." Sam said to no one. "If it was alright if maybe I could move on?" The wind blew mildly. "It's just, I've never felt this way about someone since you. Maybe it's a sign." Sam says.

      The wind blows and he smiles. "So if it's alright with you, I want your blessing." Sam says. The wind blows again, harder this time. Sam looks over and realizes that the wind had blown the door open.

      Sam stands up straight this time and suddenly, a big gust of wind pushes him a little forward. He understood that Jess wanted him to go inside. He walks slowly back to the Motel door and walks inside. The door shuts behind him. Sam smiles to himself. "Thanks Jess."

RICHARDSON, TEXAS
TWO MONTHS AGO

      Three guys, one holding a torch, and a girl, walk along a muddy path. "Come on man, is it much further? I'm cold." Guy One asks.

      "It should be just up here." The Guy with the torch says. A deserted cabin comes into focus through the mist.

      "Whoa." The girl says.

      "There we go." The Guy with the torch says.

      "How'd you find this place anyway Craig?" Guy Two says to the torch guy.

      "My cousin told me about it." Craig says.

      "I am so not going in there." The girl says.

      "Wuss'. We came all the way out here may as well check it out." Craig says.

      "Let's just hurry this up and get back to the car all right? It's friggin cold out here." Guy One says.

      Craig and Guy One move ahead. "Want me to hold your hand?" Guy Two asks the girl. Girl thinks about it then takes his hand. "Is there...anything else I can hold?" He asks her.

      She hits him. "Loser."

      He laughs. "Come on!"

      Inside, the torchlight shows walls covered in weird symbols. "No way. Look at this stuff...Come on. It's this way." Craig says. They move into another room. "They say that it lives in the root cellar. It goes after girls. Always girls. It just, strings them up."

      "They say? Who's they, where'd you hear this crap?" Guy One asks Craig.

      "I told you, my cousin." Craig says.