13

( FLYING SOLO )

Chuck is sitting nervously in a chair. His Copilot is giving him a pep talk. "Listen, Chuck. It's like getting back on a horse. Only in this case, a little twin engine. Not even a horse, more like a pony. I'll be right there with you too. Anytime you feel like you don't want the wheel, I'll take over. Look, Chuck, we don't have to do this today. I'm not trying to rush you."

"No, the...the waiting is worse." Chuck says. 

The copilot glances over his shoulder. "Okay, they're filling up the tank. Then we go." The Copilot gets up and leaves. Chuck takes a drink of coffee. Behind him, a cloud of black particles exits a vent and rushes into Chuck's eyes.

      Jerry looks at the yellow stuff through a microscope; what the microscope sees is replicated on a screen

Jerry looks at the yellow stuff through a microscope; what the microscope sees is replicated on a screen. "Huh. This stuff is covered in sulfur." He says. 

"You're sure?" Sam says. 

"Take a look for yourself." Jerry encourages. There are banging sounds from outside the office. "You effin' piece of crap...If you guys will excuse me, I have an idiot to fire." As Jerry leaves, Dean goes over and looks into the microscope. "Hey. Einstein. Yeah, you. What the heck you doing? Put the wrench down-"

"Hmm. You know, there's not too many things that leave behind a sulfuric residue." Dean says. 

"Demonic possession?" Sam suggests. 

"It would explain how a mortal man would have the strength to open up an emergency hatch."

"If the guy was possessed, it's possible." Sam says.

Elena closed her eyes and scrunched her brows. "So demonic possession is real?" Sam nods. "Great."

"This goes way beyond floating over a bed or barfing pea soup. I mean it's one thing to possess a person, but to use them to take down an entire airplane?" Dean says. 

"You ever heard of something like this before?" Elena asks. 

Dean turned to looks at her. "Never." He says.

The copilot is waiting by a small plane; Chuck, looking cheerful and relaxed, approaches. "I'm ready. Let's do this." The copilot laughs and follows Chuck to the plane.

"How you feeling?" He asks. 

"I feel great." Chuck says confidently.

"You'll be back flying jumbos before you know it."

"I hope so." Chuck says. "How long we been up?"

"Uh...almost forty minutes."

"Wow. Time really does fly." Chuck says. He suddenly dives the plane towards the ground.