10

( THE YELLOW HOUSE )

      Dean is inside the motel room sitting on a bed. Elena was currently sleeping in a chair. She woke up when she heard Sam open the door. "So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie."

      "What do you mean?" Dean asks.

      Sam sits next to Dean. "I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." He says.

      "He drowned?" Elena says groggily.

      "Yep. In the sink."

      "What the hell? So you're right, this isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else." Dean says.

      "Yeah, but what?"

      "I don't know. Water wraith, maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water...water that comes from the same source." Dean says.

      Sam looks at Dean in realization. "The lake." He says/

      "Yeah."

      "Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time." Sam says.

      "And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere." Dean stands up. "This is gonna happen again soon."

      "And we do know one other thing for sure. We know this has got something to do with Bill Carlton." Sam says.

      "Yeah, it took both his kids."

      "And I've been asking around. Lucas's dad, Chris-Bill Carlton's godson."

      Dean gathers his things. "Let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit." Elena gets up, but Dean points a finger at her. "You, stay here."

      "What? No!" Elena argues. "I've seen a Wendigo, I'm pretty sure I can handle this." She grabs her stuff and leaves the Motel. Dean and Sam look at each other before following her lead.

      Bill is sitting on the bench on the dock. "Mr. Carlton?" Sam asks while walking up to the old man. "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind. Dean: We're from the, the Department-"

      "I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today." Bill says angrily.

      "Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there? Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death-we think there might be a connection to you or your family." Sam says.

      "My children are gone. It's...it's worse than dying. Go away. Please." Bill says.

      Sam and Dean head back to the car. "What do you think?" Sam asks.

      "Aw, I think the poor guy's been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something."

      Sam leans on the Impala. "So now what?" Dean goes still. "What is it?"

      "Huh." Dean is looking at the Carlton house. "Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." Dean pulls out the picture LUCAS brought him, which is of the Carlton house. Dean looks at Sam.