43

( POWER OF THE MIND )

      Sam is clearly in shock. "Listen to me Max. What your Dad said, about what happened to your Mom. It's real." He said.

      "What?" Max asks.

      "It happened to my Mom too, exactly the same. My nursery, my crib, my Dad saw her on the ceiling." Sam says.

      Max looked down. "Your Dad must have been as drunk as mine." He says bluntly.

     "No, no. It's the same thing, Max. The same thing killed your Mothers." Elena says to Sam and Max.

      "That's impossible." Max says.

      "This must be why I'm having visions during the day. Why they're getting more intense. Cause you and I must be connected in some way. Your abilities, they started 6-7 months ago right, out of the blue?" Sam asks Max.

      Now Max is the one that's shocked. "How'd you know that?" He asks.

      "Cause that's when my abilities started. Max. Yours seem to me much further along but still, this has to mean something right? I mean for some reason, you and I...you and I were chosen." Sam says, gesturing between them two.

      "For what?" Max asks.

      "I don't know. But Dean and I, my brother and I, we're hunting for your Mom's killer. We can find answers, answers that can help us both. But you gotta let us go Max. You gotta let your stepmother go." Sam says.

      Max starts thinking, then starting to shake his head. "No. What they did to me. I still have nightmares. I'm so scared all the time, like I'm just waiting for that next beating. I'm so sick of being scared all the time, I just want this to be over!" He yells.

      "It won't. Don't you get it? The nightmares won't end, Max. Not like this. It's just, more pain. And it makes you as bad as them. Max, you don't have to go through all this by yourself." Sam says.

      "I'm sorry." Max uses his powers to fling Sam backwards into the hall closest and slam the door. He looks across and a tall, heavy, hallway bookshelf slides in front of the doors, blocking them.

      Max then grabs Elena by the hair and begins dragging her upstairs to Dean and his stepmom. Sam is banging on the doors. "No. Max!" He yells.

      Upstairs, Ms. Miller sits on the bed, Dean crouches beside her, holding a facecloth to her bleeding forehead. The door creaks open on its own and Max walks in. Dean rises and moves purposefully toward Max as the door closes behind him.

      Max sends Dean flying and he crashes into the wall. Right after that, Elena falls to the ground again, her eyes completely white.

      "Max!" Ms Miller yells.

      Max raises Dean's pistol, his hand shaking. "Son of a..." Dean rises, freezing when he sees the gun, then again beginning to walk toward Max.

      He stops when Max lets go of the gun, leaving it floating in mid air. It cocks, then turns to point at Ms. Miller. Dean steps in it's way.

      "Stay back. This is not about you." Max warns.

      "You wanna kill her you gotta go through me first." Dean says.

     "Ok."

      The gun fires. Blood splatters over the wall. We see Dean with a bullethole in the middle of his forehead, eyes blank. He wavers and crashes heavily to the ground. Ms. Miller's shocked face looks down to Dean, sprawled on the ground, eyes open.