31

( LIGHT 'EM UP )

      Dean moves down a hallway and Elena shines the torch on room 137. Dean pushes against the door, using his weight to push aside the broken furniture blocking it.

      The room is a mess, filing cabinets pushed over, papers everywhere, the walls stained. He shines the torch around, flicks through some folders lying in a cabinet, keeps looking.

      Sam marches down a hallway and tries the door, but it's locked. He tries another one, also locked. "Alright. I think we have a small problem." Sam says.

      "Then break it down." Gavin says.

      "I don't think that's gunna work." Sam points out.

      "Then a window."

      Kat sounds bored. "They're barred."

      "Then how are we supposed to get out?" Gavin asks.

      "That's the point. We're not. There's something in here. It doesn't want us to leave." Sam says.

      "Those patients..." Kat starts.

      "No. Something else."

      Dean and Elena are still searching the room. Dean finds a loose panel and pries it off. Behind it is a satchel full of papers. "This is why I get paid the big bucks." Dean says.

      Inside is a journal with many notes and hand-drawn pictures of medical instruments. They pull up a chair and start to read, looking concerned. "Well all work and no play makes Dr. Ellicott a very dull boy." A noise makes him look up quickly.

      Sam moves back down a hallway toward Kat and Gavin. "Alright, I've looked everywhere. There's no other way out." Sam says.

      "So what the hell are we gunna do?" Gavin asks.

      "Well for starters, we're not gunna panic."

      "Why the hell not!" Gavin yells.

      Sam's phone rings and he answers. "Hey."

      "Sam, it's me. I see it. It's coming at me." Dean says.

      "Where are you?" Sam asks.

      "I'm in the basement. Hurry up!"

      "I'm on my way." Sam hangs up and looks at Kat and Gavin. "Alright, can either of you handle a shotgun?"

      "What? No!" Gavin yells.

      "I can." Kat says. Gavin looks at her in amazement. "My dad took me skeet shooting a couple of times."

      "Alright, here. It's loaded with rock salt. It may not kill a spirit, but it will repel it. So if you see something, shoot."

      Sam hands Kat the gun. "Okay." She says.

      "'kay." Sam begins searching through hallways and rooms. "Dean!" His flashlight flickers and fades. He shakes and taps it. A door behind him swings open. He raises his shot gun and approaches carefully. "Dean?" A shadow moves behind a ragged curtain, drawing his attention. When he pulls the curtain back there's no one there.

      He turns...and an old beaten up man with ragged hair and clothes grabs his face. His hands start glowing. "Don't be afraid. I'm going to make you all better."

"