40

( CRUISING DOWN THE STREET )

     At Cassie's house, Sam leans against Impala, Dean walks up and down. Elena sits on the hood. "Ah, my life was so simple. Just school, exams, papers on polycentric cultural norms." Sam says.

      "Well I guess I saved you from a boring existence." Says Dean.

     "Yeah, occasionally I miss boring."

      "So this killer truck." Dean averts.

      Sam smiles. "I miss conversations that didn't start with 'this killer truck'. Ahhh."

      Dean laughs a little. "Well this Cyrus guy. Evil on a level that infected even his truck. When he died, the swamp became his tomb, and his spirit was dormant for 40 years." He said seriously.

      "So what woke it up?" Elena asks.

      "The construction on his house. Or the destruction." Dean says.

      "Right. Demolition or remodelling can awaken spirits, make them restless." Sam says.

      Elena nods. "Mmm-hmm." She mumbles.

      "Like that theatre in Illonois, ya know?" Sam says.

      "And the guy that tore down the family homestead, Harold Todd, is the Same guy that kept Cyrus' murder quiet and unsolved." Dean says.

      Elena hops off from the car. "So now his spirit is awakened and out for blood." She says.

     "Yeah I guess. Who knows what ghosts are thinking anyway." Says Dean.

      "You know we're going to have to dredge that body up from the swamp right." Sam says and Elena shudders. Dean smiles at him. "Man."

      "You said it." Dean says.

     "Yeah."

      Cassie approaches from the house. Dean stands. "Hey." Dean says.

      "Hey. She's asleep. Now what." Cassie says.

      "Well you should stay put and look after her... and we'll be back. Don't leave the house." Dean says. Elena and Sam just stand back and watch.

     Cassie smiles. "Don't go getting all authoritative on me. I hate it." She says.

     Dean glances behind him to Elena and Sam. Sam looks down, grinning. "Don't leave the house please?" He asks.

     Cassie blinks slowly at Dean and he leans in to kiss her, smiling. Sam glances over, grinning at them making out, and clears his throat. Dean keeps kissing Cassie, holding one finger back at Sam to wait. He breaks the kiss. "You comin' or what?"

THE DORIAN HOUSE
[ ☾]

      "All right. Let's get her up." Dean is at the wheel of a tractor. He backs it up, pulling a truck from the water.

      "All right. A little more. Little more. All right, stop." Sam says.

      Elena stands in the side with her arms crossed. Dean turns off the engine and jumps down. "Nice." She says.

      Dean moves to the trunk of the Impala. "Hell yeah." He says.

      "Now I know what she sees in you." Sam says.

      Dean rummages among the weapons. "What?" He asks.

      "Come on man, you can admit it. You're still in love with her." Sam says and Elena watches Dean's face.