53

( THE GIVING TREE )

FITCHBURG, WISCONSIN

      In a suburban house, a little girl kneels by her bed. "Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the Lord my soul to keep, may angels watch me through the night and keep me save til morning light. Amen." She says.

      Her Dad helps her into bed. "Amen." He repeats. "Night Monkey Puss."

      "Daddy, is Mommy coming home?" The Little Girl asks.

      "No honey, she's spending the night at the hospital with your sister. You sleep tight now." He says and leaves.

      Outside, a tree branch scratches against the window. The girl sits up in bed, afraid. She gathers her courage, races to the window and pulls the curtain across, then hides back under the covers. The scratching tree branch turns into a long spindly fingered hand and the window is slowly pulled open.

      A shadow approaches the bed, the girl is wide eyes and terrified under the covers. The hand is placed on her shoulder, she is turned and see's someone in a hood, only their mouth and chin visible. The skin is deeply wrinkled, the mouth opens and a bright light is emitted. The little girls begins to scream.

      The Impala cruises down a country road

      The Impala cruises down a country road. "Yeah. You probably missed something, that's what." Dean says.

      "Dude, I ran LexisNexis, local police reports, newspapers, I couldn't find a single red flag. Are you sure you got the coordinates right?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah, I double checked. It's Fitchburg, Wisconson. Dad wouldn't have sent us coordinates if it wasn't important Sammy." Dean says.

      Sam gets frustrated. "Well I'm telling you I looked and all I could find was a big steamy pile of nothing. If Dad's sending us hunting for something I don't know what." He says.

     "Well maybe he's going to meet us there." Elena offers.

     "Yeah. Cause he's been so easy to find up to this point." Sam says.

      "You're a real smart ass you know that?" Dean says, then softens when he looks over at Sam. "Don't worry I'm sure there's something in Fitchburg worth killing."

      "Yeah? What makes you so sure." Sam asks.

      "Cause I'm the oldest, which means I'm always right." Dean says.

      Elena shakes her head. "No it doesn't." She and Sam say at the same time.

      "It totally does." Dean glances at Sammy then looks back at the road with a little grin. The impala cruises past the sign for Fitchburg, population 20,501.