37

( THE PHONY PREACHER )

      Wright is still running away from a Reaper, yelling. "Help! Help me please!" He yells.

      Sam finds Wright looking around wildly. "Where is he!" He yells.

      "Right there!" Wright grabs Sam's shoulder and points.

      Sam grabs Wright and pulls him away. "Fine, come on."

      Elena sneaks into the tent and whispers. "Tell them the tent is on fire." She says to Dean who turns to look at her.

      "What?" He asks.

      Elena rolls her eyes. "It's the only diversion j could think of, okay?"

      Roy is about to lay his hands on Layla, who looks enraptured. Before he could, Dean shouts. "FIRE! Hurry, tent's on fire!"

      Layla opens her eyes and looks toward the crowd. Everyone starts to rise and evacuate.

      "NO! No, please. Please don't stop. Reverend, please, please! Please don't stop, please!" Mrs Rourke pleads.

      Dean watches helplessly. "Friends, if you'd all just leave the tent in an orderly fashion...and we'll, uh, and we'll figure out what's giong on out there and we'll come back." Roy says.

      Dean pulls out his phone. "I did it, I stopped Roy." He says into the phone.

      Sam holds the phone to his ear and Wright looks around. "David, I think it's ok." He says.

      David looks around at Sam, nodding, then turns back. The reaper is in front of him. "No!" He yells.

      "Dean it didn't work.The reaper's still coming!" Sam yells.

      Dean is still on the phone. "What's going on?" Elena asks. Dean looks up at her.

      "The reaper's still coming for David."

      "What? How is that possible?" She asks.

      "I'm telling you, I'm telling you it didn't work. Roy must not be the one controlling this thing." Sam says.

      "Then who the hell is?" Dean looks around and spies Sue Ann beside the stage, facing into the corner and reciting. "Sue Ann."

      Dean runs to her and spins her around. She gasps and stops reciting, reaching down to hold a cross on a chain around her neck. It is the same as the wooden cross Sam saw earlier.

      Back outside, The reaper is holding his hand to David's face. Suddenly he stops, looking confused, and rises.

      Sue Ann stares at Dean, tucking the cross inside her blouse. "Help! Help me!"

      Dean backs away, nodding and staring at Sue Ann like he shouldn't have expected anything better. Two cops grab him roughly and pull him away.

      "Hey! Officers!" Elena yells. "It's not what you think!" She yells and follows them out.

      The reaper stares at David lying on the ground gasping for breath, then turns away and vanishes. "I got you. I got you." Sam comforts.

      "Thank God." David says.

      Two cops manhandle Dean through the entry. Elena follows close behind. He shakes them off as soon as they are outside.

      "I just don't understand. After everything we've done for you. After Roy healed you. I'm just very very disappointed Dean." Sue Ann says. Dean stares at her, saying nothing. "You can let him go. I'm not gonna press charges. The Lord will deal with him as he sees fit.