61

( THE COLT )

      On an open road, Dean leans over the open bonnet of the Impala, looking at the engine. "Car trouble?" Dean turns to see Kate. "Let me give you a lift. I'll take you back to my place."

      Dean grins. "Nah I'll pass. I usually draw the line at necrophilia." He says.

      "Oooh." Kate backhands him, then grabs his face and lifts him into the air.

      Dean grabs her wrist. "I don't usually get this friendly until the second date but..." Dean starts.

      "You know we could have some fun. I always like to make new friends." She lowers him to her level and kisses him, still holding his cheeks tightly.

      Another vamp watches, smiling. "Sorry. I don't usually stay with a chick that long. Definitely not eternity." Dean says.

      An arrow pieces the other vamp's back, a second later the same happens to Kate. She looks down at the point sticking out of her chest. "Damn it. It barely even stings."

      "Give it time sweetheart. That arrow's soaked in dead man's blood. It's like poison to you isn't it?" John asks. Kate looks shocked, then wavers and loses consciousness. "Load her up. I'll take care of this one."

      John approaches the other vamp who is sitting groggily on the ground. Raising his machete, he brings it down. Camera cuts to blood spraying over a boulder.

      A campfire is burning

      A campfire is burning. John hands Dean a bag and they move from the Impala's trunk back toward the fire where Sam is patrolling with a machete. "Toss this on the fire. Saffron, skunk's cabbage and trillium. It'll block our scent and hers, until we're ready." John says.

      Dean begins sniffing it and coughing. "Stuff stinks!" He says.

      "That's the idea. Dust your clothes with the ashes and you stand a chance of not being detected." John says.

      "You sure they'll come after her?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah. Vampires mate for life. She means more to the leader than the gun. But the blood sickness is going to wear off soon, so you don't have a lot of time." John says.

      "A half hour oughta do it." Sam says.

      "And then I want you out of the area as fast as you can." John says.

      "But..."

      "Dad you can't take care of them all." Dean says.

      "I'll have her. And the colt." John says.

      "But after. We're gunna meet up right? Use the gun together. Right?" Sam asks. Long pause. "You're leaving again aren't you. You still wanna go after the demon alone. You know, I don't get you. You can't treat us like this." He says.