42

( NOT THE ONLY ONE )

      In the Impala, Dean is driving. Sam is talking slowly into his phone, holding his head. "Roger Miller. Ah no no,just the address please. Ok, thanks." He turns to Dean. "450 West Grove, Apartment 1120."

      "You ok?" Dean asks.

      "Yeah."

      "If you're gunna hurl I'll pull the car over you know, cause the upholstery..." Dean starts.

      Sam cuts him off. "I'm fine." He says.

      "All right."

      "Just drive." Sam looks at Dean, sighs heavily, and looks away.

      Dean turns to Elena in the back. "And what the hell was that?" He asks.

      "I don't know. I'm guessing it's because of Sam's visions too." She says and Dean turns back to the front.

      "Dean, I'm scared man. These nightmares weren't bad enough, now I'm seeing things when I'm awake? And these, visions, or whatever, they're getting more intense. And painful." Sam says.

      "Come on man, you'll be all right. It'll be fine." Dean says.

      "What is it about the Millers. Why am I connected to them, why am I watching them die? Why the hell is this happening to me?" Sam asks back to back.

      Dean sighs. "I don't know Sam but we'll figure it out. We've faced the unexplainable every day. This is just another thing." He says.

      "No. It's never been us. It's never been in the family like this. Tell the truth, you can't tell me this doesn't freak you out." Sam does.

      After staring straight ahead for a long moment, Dean speaks. "This doesnt freak me out." He says. Sam stares at him, then turns away.

ROGER MILLER'S APARTMENT
[ ☾]

      The Impala pulls up as Roger approaches the entrance with a bag of groceries. "Hey Roger." Sam yells.

      "What are you guys, missionaries? Leave me alone." Roger says.

      "Please!" Sam yells. But Roger is gone.

      Dean guns the engine, jumping the curb as he hurriedly parks. Sam get out and runs. "Hey. Roger. We're trying to help!" He says.

      Elena follows behind him. "Please! Hey, hey hey hey hey." She says. Sam runs up to the entrance just as Roger closes the door it behind him.

      "I don't want your help." Roger walks away.

      "We're not priests, you gotta listen to us!" Sam yells.

      "Roger, you're in danger!" Dean yells also. "Come on. Come on come on."

      Sam and Dean run around the corner to a back entrance, it is securely locked. Dean quickly looks around then kicks it open. They jump to the first level of the fire escape then run up the stairs. When they are one floor from Roger's house, they hear the window slide down and a wet squelching noise.

      Sam freezes, Dean sprints past him and grabs the railing. Roger's head lies in the flower bed under the window, his blood all over the kitchen window.

      Elena gasps and turns away. Sam joins them. After a long pause he pulls material from his pocket, throwing one to Sam and starting to wipe down the railing.