35

( I BELIVE IN MIRACLES )

ABANDONED HOUSE

      Sam, Elena and Dean park and open the trunk. Dean removes three tasers. "What do you got those amped up to?" Sam asks.

      "A hundred thousand volts." Dean answers.

      "Damn."

      "Yeah, I want this rawhead extra frickin' crispy. And remember, you only get one shot with these things. So make it count."

      Elena pulls Dean back. "Are you sure this is a smart idea?" She asks.

      "Yeah, completely safe." Dean says and walks away.

      They all move down the basement stairs with guns and flashlights. Hearing a noise, they move toward a cupboard.

      "On three. One. Two. Three." Dean swings open the door, a young boy and girl are crouched inside, covering their ears.

      Sam begins whispering. "Is it still here?" The children nod.

      "Ok. Grab your sister's hand, come on, we gotta get you out of here. Let's go, let's go." Dean says to the boy. They move towards the stairs. "Alright, go!"

      Sam starts to take the children upstairs, a hand grabs his legs, knocking him back down.

      The children scream and run to the top of the stairs. "Sam!" Dean shoots the taser but misses. "Sam, get 'em outta here!"

      "Here take this!"Sam tosses his taser to Elena and runs up the stairs and moves the children out of sight.

      Dean moves around the basement on high alert, shining his torch into corners. "Come on!" He yells.

      A ragged, hairy creature leaps up and shoves Dean backwards. Dean loses his weapons and flashlight as he falls. He glances around, scrambles across puddles of water to grab the taser and releases it toward the creature as it moves toward him, electrocuting him.

      Electricity moves from the creature through the water lying on the ground to Dean. They both shake and twitch, the creature falls, Dean loses consciousness.

      Elena runs down the stairs and sees Dean in the corner, unmoving. "Oh my god, Dean!" She yells.

      Sam soon comes running down the stairs. "Dean!" He runs over and half lifts him, holding his face. "Dean, hey. Hey..."

      Later at the hospital, Sam stands at the desk with a receptionist. "Sir, I'm so sorry to ask. There doesn't seem to be any insurance on file."

      "Right. Uh, ok." Sam removes a card from his wallet and hands it to Receptionist.

      She glances at the card. "Okay, Mr. Burkovitz."

      Sam sees two cops waiting and walks over. "Look, we can finish this up later." The Cop says.

      Elena got up from her chair in the waiting area. "No, no, it's okay. We were just taking a shortcut through the neighborhood. And, um, the windows were rolled down, we heard some screaming when we drove past the house, and we stopped. Ran in." Sam says.

      "And you found the kids in the basement?" The Cop asks.

      Elena nods. "Yeah." She says.

      "Well, thank God you did."

      Sam sees a Doctor walking towards them. "Excuse me." He says to the cops.