12

( MONKEY SUITS )

      Dean is asleep on his stomach. As the door opens, Dean awakens and slips a hand under his pillow for a weapon. As he turns to look, he sees Sam entering, carrying coffee and pastries.

      Elena is sleeping on Sam's bed. "Morning, sunshine." He says and taps on Elena's shoulder. She gets up.

      "What time is it?" She asks.

      "Uh, it's about five forty-five." Sam says.

      Dean wipes at his eyes. "In the morning?" He asks.

      "Yep." He replies and Elena throws a pillow over her head.

      "Where does the day go?" Dean sits up. "Did you get any sleep last night?"

      Sam gives Elena one of the coffees. "Yeah, I grabbed a couple hours." He replies.

      "Liar. 'Cause I was up at three, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial."

      "Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV." Sam says.

      Elena sits up Indian style on the bed. "When was the last time you got a good night's sleep?" She asks.

      "I don't know, a little while, I guess. It's not a big deal."

      Dean finally makes the decision to get up. "Yeah, it is." He says.

      "Look, I appreciate your concern-"

      "Oh, I'm not concerned about you. It's your job to keep my ass alive, so I need you sharp." Dean says.

      "Really." Elena says lamely and Sam shrugs.

      "Seriously, are you still having nightmares about Jess?" Dean asks and Elena immediately looks up.

      She knew Sam was having dreams about Jess. She had visions of Sam having dreams about Jess. She didn't know why, but she did. Sam crosses the room, sits on the other bed, and hands a coffee to Dean.

      "Yeah. But it's not just her. It's everything. I just forgot, you know? This job. Man, it gets to you." He says.

      "You can't let it. You can't bring it home like that." Dean says, gladly taking his coffee.

      "So, what? All this it...never keeps you up at night?" Sam asks and Dean shakes his head. "Never? You're never afraid?"

      Dean continues to shake his head. "No, not really." Sam reaches under Dean's pillow to pull out a large hunting knife and holds it up as evidence. Dean takes the knife back. "That's not fear. That is precaution."

      "All right, whatever. I'm too tired to argue." Sam says.

      Dean's phone rings. He answers it. "Hello?"

      "Dean, it's, uh, it's Jerry Panowski. You and your dad helped me out a couple years back."

      Dean recalled. "Oh, right, yeah. Up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?"

      "No. No. Thank god, no. But it's something else, and...uh, I think it could be a lot worse." Jerry says.

      "What is it?"

      "Can we talk in person?" He asks as Dean and Sam exchange glances.

      "Thanks for making the trip so quick. I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean and your dad really helped me out." Jerry says. Elena and the boy's find themselves in a small office at an airline center.