54

( BAIT )

      The Impala pulls up to a motel reception and they get out. "So what the hell is a shtriga?" Sam asks.

      "Kinda like a witch I think. I don't know much about them." Dean says.

      "Well I've never heard of it. And it's not in Dad's journal." Sam says.

      "Dad hunted one in Fort Douglas, Wisconsin, about 16-17 years ago. You were there, you don't remember?" Dean asks.

      "No."

      "Guess he caught wind the things in Fitzburg now and kicked us the coordinates." Dean sates

      "So wait, this..." Sam starts.

      "Shtriga." Dean says.

      "Right, you think it's the Same one Dad hunted before?" Sam asks.

      "Yeah maybe." Dean says.

      "But if Dad went after it how come it's still breathing air?" Sam says.

      "Cause it got away."

      Elena watched as Dean talked. For some reason, she always knew when he wasn't saying the whole story. "Got away?" Sam asks.

      Dean starts to get frustrated. "Yeah Sammy it happens." He says.

      "Not very often." Sam points out.

      "Well I don't know what to tell ya, maybe Dad didn't have his wheaties that morning." Dean says

      "What else do you remember?" Sam asks.

      Dean gets defensive "Nothing, I was a kid all right?" He enters reception and rings the bell. A boy of around 10-12 comes from the back room where a younger boy sits watching TV.

      "A king or two queens?" The boy asks.

      Dean looks back at Elena and Sam. "Two queens." Dean says.

      The boy Follows his look and begins sniggering under his breath. "Yeah I'll bet." He says.

      "What'd you say." Dean asks.

      The boy smiles. "Nice car!" He says.

      A woman enters, smiling at them both. "Hi." She says.

      "Hi."

      "Checking in?" The Woman asks.

      "Yeah." Dean says.

      The Woman turns to the Boy. "Ahh, do me a favour, go get your brother some dinner." She says.

      "I'm helping a guest!" The Boy yells. She gives him a look and he grimaces and turns to go. He turns to his mother, while raising his eyebrow at Dean. "Two queens."

      Dean fakes a laugh. "Funny kid." He says.

      "Oh, yeah. He thinks so. Will that be cash or credit?" She asks.

      "Do you take mastercard?" Dean asks. She nods. "Perfect. Here you go."

      Dean watches through the door as the boy pours a glass of milk for his younger brother.

FLASHBACK

MOTEL ROOM
[ ☾]